14 27.45%
  • I owned one (after 1985)

11 21.57%
  • I have never owned one

26 50.98%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: ColecoVision

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    Are you sure about Centipede being released on the Colecovision? Centipede was a flagship title for the competing 5200 and an Atari property.
    Atari made the ColecoVision version, just like Coleco made the 2600 version of Donkey Kong. First-parties were like that back then before the licensee console model.

2. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Atari made the ColecoVision version, just like Coleco made the 2600 version of Donkey Kong. First-parties were like that back then before the licensee console model.
    I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this, when I have a ton of Atarisoft games on my C-64.

3. Man, did I want a Commodore64! You guys are spoiled.

4. I spent an entire Summer playing WarGames and Ladybug on a Coleco emulator. Ladybug is soo underrated.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

Ladybug is so so so good. Definitely one of my favourite maze games.

The Colecovision somehow reminds me of a pre-Crash Xbox: fewer games than the major console, but generally the best version of multiplatform games and lots of good computer ports.

Too bad the controllers ARE HORRIBLE. I usually just use a Genesis pad with my Colecovision, but that won't work with any game that expects you to make use of the numeric keypad.

6. TURBO TURBO TURBO.

God I loved that game. The driving controller was awesome, I remember that Dukes of Hazzard was the only other driving game (or did I miss something).

Quest for Tires was another great game. I remember fondly of Squish'em Sam too. As others mentioned, the horrible controllers held back the system.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    TURBO TURBO TURBO.

God I loved that game. The driving controller was awesome, I remember that Dukes of Hazzard was the only other driving game (or did I miss something).
    There were a few others like Pitstop and Motocross Racer. I guess there are Up'n Down and Bump 'n Jump, too, but those aren't typical driving games.

8. the Colecovision was the first system i owned. it was a hand-me-down from a relative after he upgraded to a NES. great times for sure because it led to a lot of quality time with my mom back then. actually, now that i think on it my mom really played it more than i did. i was, and still am, blown away at how good she was at Ladybug, Venture, and Mouse Trap. i pretty much only played Zaxxon. still got the system in the basement and the games in a different room.

9. Never had one, but one of the guys in the neighborhood had one with a nice selection of games. Every now we'd let him use our Nes for his Colecovision for a change of pace.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

10. Picked up my first Coleco about 15 years ago. I've bought and sold five or six since then. My favorites were Time Pilot, Scramble, Space Fury, and Ladybug. I've owned Fortune Builder before, but never played it.
    http://www.opcodegames.com/ is run by a cool South American dude, who takes MSX games and mods them for use on the Colecovision. Unfortunately, I never hear about a new release of his until they're all sold out. He's been talking for years about releasing an add-on in the sprirt of one that was announced, but never released for the Coleco, which would pump up the graphical and aural capabilities of games. He's shown pics of a Castlevania that looks amazing. I'm sure it'll never see the light of day.