14 27.45%
  • I owned one (after 1985)

11 21.57%
  • I have never owned one

26 50.98%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 356789 LastLast

Thread: ColecoVision

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    I believe it, my knowledge of anything pre-nes is rudimentary at best. So I'm not that surprised, I mean didn't text adventure games come out in the early 80s?
    Zork was created in the late 70's and I believe I'd played an early text adenture game (on the old PET computer) during that era.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zork

Zork was one of the first interactive fiction computer games and an early descendant of Colossal Cave Adventure. The first version of Zork was written in 1977–1979 on a DEC PDP-10 computer by Tim Anderson, Marc Blank, Bruce Daniels, and Dave Lebling, and implemented in the MDL programming language. All four were members of the MIT Dynamic Modelling Group.

2. I've downloaded an emulator for the Colecovision this morning. I played a little bit of Ladybug and Donkey Kong. DK doesn't look quite as good as I remember it, and the sound is way off.

I need to get my joypad working right with this though. I'm having trouble using the d-pad, instead of the analog stick. I'll have to do some tweaking tonight.

3. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    the sound is way off.
    My memory of it isn't that great, but could this be due to the emulator?

4. I've been going threw some boxes recently clearing up space and found some of my old game systems. Coleco Vision, Intellivision 1 & 2, and Genesis. I've got to try and hook em up and see if they still work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00110.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	247.2 KB 
ID:	38806  

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    My memory of it isn't that great, but could this be due to the emulator?
    It has been over 20 years since I've played the Colecovision version of Donkey Kong, but I somewhat remember noticing the jump sounds having lag.

Ladybug doesn't have any issues, while playing it through an emulator. Perhaps it's just better suited for the emulator, but it seems to be pretty close to what I remember playing.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Netwurked View Post
    I've been going threw some boxes recently clearing up space and found some of my old game systems. Coleco Vision, Intellivision 1 & 2, and Genesis. I've got to try and hook em up and see if they still work.
    You ever have a desire to sell that Intellivision 2, you holla at your boy before it goes to ebay sir. As Bahn, Aurora, and others can attest, I will pay a good price for your goods.
    Last edited by Othello Harrington; 25 Jul 2008 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I've downloaded an emulator for the Colecovision this morning. I played a little bit of Ladybug and Donkey Kong. DK doesn't look quite as good as I remember it, and the sound is way off.
    I'm not sure what emulator you're using but I have had sound issues with Virtual ColecoVision. Meka seems to work okay with me. The sound seems pretty close to the real thing.

8. Colecovision Venture and Time Pilot were awesome.

I also remember playing a lot of the Smurf platformer NeoZeed mentioned. It was actually pretty damn good at the time.
    Last edited by PKBMax; 25 Jul 2008 at 11:05 PM.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

I probably would have loved Coleco Time Pilot but I played Space Pilot on C64 first. It was a blatant rip off but it played really smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Netwurked View Post
    I've been going threw some boxes recently clearing up space and found some of my old game systems. Coleco Vision, Intellivision 1 & 2, and Genesis. I've got to try and hook em up and see if they still work.
    Just keep in mind that the Intellivision 2 turns off in a weird way - you hold the power button for a few seconds.

Smart people can get cheap Intellivision 2 systems on eBay by looking for "broken" ones