• I owned one (1985 and earlier)

14 27.45%
  • I owned one (after 1985)

11 21.57%
  • I have never owned one

26 50.98%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: ColecoVision

1. I'm pretty sure we had a colecovision back in the 80's that we got from our cousin second hand, K3V can confirm this. I remember playing turbo with the steering wheel and q-bert for sure. We also rocked the colecovision ADAM computer with classic games like buck rodgers and dragons lair on cassette. Those were some good times.

2. Turbo rocked when you played it with this:

I got one at launch, and my brother and I played it so much we actually shorted it out. My dad tossed it, but I'm pretty sure now that all we did was burn out the AC adapter. I remember it being hot as hell.

My favorite Colecovision game is undoubtedly Venture. This was the game that killed my Coleco, with my brother beating it first (finishing all the levels, actually. I don't recall an ending, just it looping over), and then I did the same thing. After about 5 hours total, our Coleco died.

3. An interesting side to the whole Coleco story as well were there things..

Yep, same company. Computers and Dolls. What a combo!
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

4. Coleco stands for: Connecticut Leather Company! It wasn't even an electronics company!

AFAIK, the passing of the Cabbage Patch Kids fad, along with the tanking of the Adam computer, caused Coleco to pack it up.

5. Venture sucked so much on the 2600 (when I got that copy first). It was like night and day when I got to play the Coleco version.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Coleco stands for: Connecticut Leather Company! It wasn't even an electronics company!

AFAIK, the passing of the Cabbage Patch Kids fad, along with the tanking of the Adam computer, caused Coleco to pack it up.

Coleco also had hand held games, like those of Mattel. And who could forget these!

The ADAM computer was the biggest bomb of the 8-bit computer era and was probably the main reason why the company collapsed in on itself.

7. What a beautiful thread. I think my fondest gaming memories are on the ColecoVision. I had the 2600 and really loved to game but it wasn't an obsession until I got my Coleco and Montezuma's Revenge. I really, really loved Montezuma's Revenge, Congo Bongo, Zaxxon, Tarzan, Donkey Kong, DK jr., Smurfs, Ladybug, Mr. Do, Popeye, god the list goes on and on. I think it is my all time favorite system just because of all the great games I owned for it in that stage of my life. I recently got the ColecoVision emulator working on my PSP (sue me) and have been reliving some of these great old games.

I agree with you Neo on the more realistic graphic style of the SMS version of Montezuma. It really did take away from the game for some reason. I need to check out the other versions you mentioned.

8. Where's Gorf?
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

9. I loved the ColecoVision. When I'm 70, I can blame the arthritis in my left thumb on that wonderful controller.

War Games was awesome at the time.

10. We had the 2600 hooked up in the back room of the house and that was the "family" game system. But upstairs in my parents bedroom was the ColecoVision and that was my Mom's game system. She went out and bought it very close to it's release and I was extremely lucky to get any time with it at all.

I definitely remember not wanting to play our 2600 copy of DK after getting to play it once on the Coleco. I can't even remember the name of my favorite game, I just remember it involved washing windows and I've never been able to find out what the title was.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in