Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iTunes, OS X, and ID3 Tags - Apple Hates Moonspeak

1. iTunes, OS X, and ID3 Tags - Apple Hates Moonspeak

So, I happened upon a DVD of Japanese music my friend had. Given my data addiction, I copied it to my external and am only looking for a chance to go through it now that I have this iPod.

iTunes hates the way these tags were encoded, for whatever reason (CDs named "é·é“ÇΩÇø / ñÈâ§éqÇ∆åéÇÃïP" and the like), so I used a tool called "Tag Encoder" for OS X that converted the tags to whatever the correct encoding the characters used. I just copy-pasted the info. Easy enough.

Problem, though: One set in particular has a few tracks that refuse to change. They refuse Album Art and they refuse to let me change the tag info at all. I'll change it to "Poo" by "Poo" off of their platinum record, "Poo" and it just changes back when I play it.

Anyone know what the hell is going on here?

Beats me. Moon language displays fine in my iTunes.

Just delete it, you don't even know what the hell it is and you won't miss it when its gone.

3. Are they read-only files? Actually, I think I encountered something like that before, but I don't remember what I did to fix them, sorry. iTunes is a bitch. Tag Encoder's a cool program.

4. Itunes and Apple have absolutely no problem with moonspeak.

Whoever encoded those, encoded them in a massively fucked up way.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    iTunes is a bitch.
    iTunes is a fantastic program once you stop looking at mp3s and file organization like a fucking caveman.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    iTunes is a fantastic program once you stop looking at mp3s and file organization like a fucking caveman.
    wezzer-doepnoze.mp3

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb
    Itunes and Apple have absolutely no problem with moonspeak.

Whoever encoded those, encoded them in a massively fucked up way.
    http://www.liquidx.net/tagencoder/

It's problem enough for this guy to have made this program. I'm pretty sure iTunes on the Mac doesn't like certain character sets of Asian languages.
    Last edited by ChaoofNee; 27 Jul 2008 at 11:14 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    There's a Geico joke somewhere in there.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Hate to say this Josh, but Dunnie is a bit iTunes lover. His "iTunes is a bitch" is more directly, no doubt, to the problems it can have with music files that had their ID3 tags encoded in particular ways.

This was quite a problem a while back for him, I, and a number of other people over on gomo.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

I'm right.