Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Samurai Spirits (Shodown) Collection

I only have up through SS IV, I'm really looking forward to this since this is the first of SNK's collections that have games on it that I haven't actually played. SSV costs too damn much, even on MVS.

By coincidence, I played SS1 and 2 on the old Neo CD, they are still wonderful. No other fighting games have the same chess-like epic battles.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

2. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I only have up through SS IV, I'm really looking forward to this since this is the first of SNK's collections that have games on it that I haven't actually played. SSV costs too damn much, even on MVS.
    Honestly? I've seen nothing in SSV or SSVI to make me think I need them or ever really want to play them. Play SS2, or maybe SS3 when you need a change, and stick to that.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

I saw some vids somewhere (probably youtube) that led me to believe SSV Special might be awesome, but I'm not willing to spend the kind of cash that it goes for. I'm too lazy to pirate it

Of course, I don't expect it to touch SS 1 or 2, they are classics. I still had a lot of fun with 4, even though it's not as good as the earlier titles.

If the later games suck, oh well, I'm only out the 20 bucks or so SNK USA charges for their US stuff.
    Last edited by GohanX; 30 Jul 2008 at 01:52 PM.

4. Isn't SSV on Xbox for ~$10?
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

Quote Originally Posted by NGEFreek View Post
    Isn't SSV on Xbox for ~$10?
    Actually, I forgot that the Xbox had SSV. I've never actually seen it on a store shelf. If I see it cheap I'll pick it up.

I suppose I could load a rom on the Modbox too, but I'm too lazy to set up the FTP again.