Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Casual Gaming" Strikes Again?

Was Activision funding Brutal Legend's development or just publishing? If it's the former that would obviously cause problems.

2. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Was Activision funding Brutal Legend's development or just publishing? If it's the former that would obviously cause problems.
    Vivendi was paying the bills.

3. So Activision is the new EA? Great, we needed a new company designed to be as boring as humanly possible while cluttering the racks with nothing but retread blockbuster tedium.

I've got my fingers crossed that Brutal Legend and any halfway decent XBLA titles manage to find their way to market. Thankfully it's too late for Activision to decide that Geometry Wars RE:2 isn't important.

James

4. Why are you people saying Ghostbusters was cancelled? It said the panel was cancelled abruptly but the game was still freaking shown and playable.

Can't any of you read?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Was Psychonauts no real loss? I mean yeah the game came out, but it cost them a lot of time, momentum, and ultimately the marketing that might have made the difference for that game.
    MS has buried games before. Even if they released it, there was no certainty they would have bothered pushing it. Same with Sierra and Brutal Legend. At least now it has a chance to be given an advertising boost by whoever picks it up.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Can't any of you read?
    THEY ARE TRADEMARKING MAGENTA THEY MUST BE STOPPED.

7. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    So Activision is the new EA?
    This has been apparent for years, dude.

Hell, I'd say they're heading into THQ territory now.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Why are you people saying Ghostbusters was cancelled? It said the panel was cancelled abruptly but the game was still freaking shown and playable.

Can't any of you read?
    An Activision representative later confirmed for GameSpot that those would be the only Vivendi Games franchises coming out of the publisher. That leaves a number of high-profile projects in limbo, including Double Fine Productions' Brutal Legend, as well as Wet, Ghostbusters, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, World at Conflict: Soviet Assault, 50 Cent Blood on the Sand, Zombie Wranglers, Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust, as well as several Xbox Live Arcade titles.
    Where does it say that?

9. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    So Activision is the new EA?
    EA puts out a few good games here and there, so no.