Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Casual Gaming" Strikes Again?

1. According to Destructoid.

Activision isn't the only show in town, and as a Vivendi spokesperson told game site Destructoid: "It is not cancelled and will not be cancelled."

2. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    So they kill Ghostbusters for fucking Ice Age and Spyro? Fucking A.
    Activision is my least favorite publisher. Nothing they've done outside of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 has been any good. All of their games have stupid glitchy shit in them and dumb stuff like time challenges (I fucking hate time challenges). Anybody who's played Spiderman The Movie Game for the original Xbox knows what I'm talking about.

Their only good game as of late, Guitar Hero, is a joke now that Rockband is out. Their Aerosmith release of the game is 60 bucks, and as a concept a huge stretch. It doesn't even offer the same value as the original yet they kept it 60 bucks. And it's not like Aerosmith even HAS amazing guitars in their band. Everytime I hear about them it's like everything bad that I hated about Acclaim times 100. I hope Vivendi taking over the reigns will breath new life in to Activision.

It doesn't appear Ghostbuster is cut, though. Brutal Legend looked fucking rad, and I'd hate to see that game not materialize. I was eagerly awaiting an action game using rock cliches. And with music games so popular at the moment how could they not go that route? They should do a Guitar Hero tie-in or something. Or EA should pick it up and do a Rockband 2 tie-in. That cross promotion is a no brainer.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 29 Jul 2008 at 09:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Quote Originally Posted by Daitokuji View Post
    Where does it say that?
    A scheduled Comic Con International panel on the Ghostbusters game was abruptly cancelled last week, with no explanation given to attendees. However, the game was on the show floor in playable form.
    Try reading the whole thing. The game is on the show floor and playable, it's coming out.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Oh shit somebody Tom Glancy'd the article.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Try reading the whole thing. The game is on the show floor and playable
    This doesn't mean very much. Lots of playable, nearly-complete games have been cancelled by developers/publishers/whoever.

(but Ghostbusters is still on track, as written above)

6. I will echo the sentiments that Activision sucks.

7. 50 Cent Blood on the Sand

SONNOVABITCH
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. I hope the mystery Snowblind game still comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    EA puts out a few good games here and there, so no.
    The same with THQ. Unless I'm the only one that actually liked Day of Reckoning...
    Still not thinking right? Then it isn't working.

10. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    There goes the star power, then.

Fuck you, Activision.
    Interestingly enough, the star power might have been the problem. I was talking about this with a friend who told me that Jack Black had a major falling out with Activision during the Kung Fu Panda thing, which is why his voice wasn't in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    So Activision is the new EA?
    Someone needs to be, since I think EA is finally done being EA.