Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Samurai Spirits (Shodown) Collection

1. Samurai Spirits (Shodown) Collection

About friggin' time this came out. The JPS2 is now officially the best console for 2D fighting games ever.

This collection has every 2D Samurai Spirits game- except for Samurai Spirits Zero Special. It seems SNKP is pretending that it never happened

The emulation is pretty good- the scaling seems slightly choppy compared to the Neo Geo versions. NCSX claims that Samurai 1 has a choppy framerate, but I disagree- it runs just fine, and much better than the crappy version found in that Neo Geo classics collection.

For some reason, you can't change the focus/aliasing of the games like in the other Neo Geo Online collections.

Interestingly, Tenkaichi Kenkakuten is pretty much identical to the original PS2 release, and even seems to load data from the standalone game.

Anyone else import this?

2. It's due for a US release, yes? It can wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Yeah, I'll definitely get it when it comes out here. I'm in no hurry.

4. I came close to importing this but as I have Tenka already and this doesn't include Zero Special I saw no need to. If the ports are that good, however, I may change my mind.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    I came close to importing this but as I have Tenka already and this doesn't include Zero Special I saw no need to. If the ports are that good, however, I may change my mind.
    Is Tenka good?

6. Tenka has one of the worst soundtracks in history. The presentation also kills the atmosphere that made these games so cool.

Samsho 2 > Tenka

7. I hear its like sliced bread. Also... US release date ?

8. Quote Originally Posted by MajinRyu View Post
    Is Tenka good?
    I like it and I'd buy it again. You should be able to find it for around $29.99.

9. I've got a preview build of the US release. In my playing of the disc (which hasn't been a hell of a lot yet), I had no issues with the emulation quality.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

10. I'll wait for the US version, which will have Samurai Shodown 5 Special on the disc. Siliconera reconfirmed that fact too a couple of months ago.