Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: "Casual Gaming" Strikes Again?

1. Quote Originally Posted by frostwolf ex View Post
    People dont want clever and funny, and they sure as hell dont want platformers, they want true crime and carnival games and 50 cent games, now those sell.
    Also, muscled-men with big guns and potty-mouths.

Right, Marcus Fenix?

"Shit."

2. Quote Originally Posted by frostwolf ex View Post
    Really? no it wouldn't have. For the same reason beyond good and evil and okami and whatever other game that forums like this one pine over, it wouldnt have been much bigger than it was. I would like to think a smart, well written and ultimatly great game would ever be a big seller, but I also cannot remember the last time one actually sold well on a console. People dont want clever and funny, and they sure as hell dont want platformers, they want true crime and carnival games and 50 cent games, now those sell.
    BioShock and Portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. ok, you got me on those, name more please, and remember that portal was a part of a larger box of games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

4. Quote Originally Posted by frostwolf ex View Post
    ok, you got me on those, name more please, and remember that portal was a part of a larger box of games.
    Portal was the most talked about portion of that bundle, however. Telltale has been doing very well with Sam & Max as well, though the hard truth is there just aren't that many well written games period. Those that have failed seem to do so for other factors outside of the writing, such as Pyschonauts being crushed by the fall releases. Another release date and it would have probably done well.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2