Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Razor Ramon's Guide to Cheap Fun in NYC/NJ

1. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    When you gonna come up here Arjue?
    Some day. TNL meet up tour imo.

I got bored so here is the Newtown crawl:

THE FRIDAY NIGHT NEWTOWN CRAWL

Newtown is a pretty hip area of Sydney close to the CBD with a very lively nightlife. Its laid back crowd consists primarliy of uni students, hippies, freaks, goths, and the non-fuckwit young crowd. There are probably 50 bars in the area, and due to the fact that there are 3 or so Universities close by, they almost all cater to poor students.

1 - 7pm - The Rose Hotel

Great starting point. Sit in the rad beer garden, order some pizza for dinner from the quality bistro, and wash it down with your poison of choice. The talented bar staff make really good cocktails (fantastic mojitos), and the beer selection is quite good too.

2 - 8:30pm - Newtown RSL

Its usually fairly empty and the music is usually shitty, but its quiet and cheap. This is where the pace is set. They sell dirt cheap beer in pint glasses, which are good for skulling competitons. Strangely attracts alot of lesbians. After a few here, you're starting to feel it, but you need to go somewhere more seedy and lively...

3 - 10:00pm - Town Hall Hotel

This place is legendary, and the main course of the night. Its a seedy as shit bar always packed with a mixture of drunk uni students, rockers, a few tourists and all kinds of weirdos. Opened until late/very early, This place is loved by its inhabitants due to its cheapness, friendly vibe and its particularly lax stance on drunkness. You are virtually guaranteed to leave sideways.

4 - 2:00am - Zanzibar

A quick stop off, assuming you manage to look sober enough to get in. This place makes great shooters and cocktails, which sounds like fun when you're smashed, but ultimately you regret it the next day. This bar should be called "wallet raping hangover".

4.5 - 2:30am - Drunken wonder back towards the city

Basically, this road is covered in bars and food joints that are open late, and this part of the night is usually a blur of randomness. generally you don't stay in any of the other bars for any real amount of time, and each trip is different.

5 - 3:00ish am - Purple Sneakers

A club that plays a good mix of indie music. I'm not big on clubs, but if I have to go to one its usually this one. The crowd varies from super cool to super fucked, but generally you're too intoxicated to care by this stage. Last time I was here I watched a guy finger some chick he picked up on the seat next to me. It was pretty funny.

(optional) 6 - The Lansdowne Hotel

Incredibly cheap, dingy bar about the size of a bedroom. This is where you go if you get kicked out of Purple sneakers for being too drunk or asleep on their lounges.

Chances are I'll be doing this tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newtowncrawl.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	491.5 KB 
ID:	39101  

2. It's nice and all that you all have your little experiences and shit, but read the thread title.

3. All American Burger is some good eating... also check out The Jackson Hole
    the NYC locations are mostly dives and the last one I went to smelled like raid... but they make some awesome burgers.

4. i hope you got more after cheapshots and continental

and i don't mean in jersey

well written btw

5. I have plenty! I'm just working with the super familiar right now. I just went to a place called Rudy's Bar and Grille in midtown that was pretty divy and would fit this thread nicely. I have to go again to take a few pics but it'll be worth it.

Sorry for such slow updates but I only have so much time in the day.

6. dude, i took you to rudy's. that's where you bullshitted everyone about your moonshine still.

7. It's true, you fucking cunt. I'm going to call my ex the next time we hang out and I'll have her confirm.

8. What do Yankee's know about moonshine?
    Boo, Hiss.

9. All i have to say is

10. I hate that I laughed at that.