Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting sleepy when you read

Getting sleepy when you read

Does anyone else do this? Is there anyway to prevent it?

I googled this earlier tonight and didn't find much.

The explanation I've been given, is that the mind and heart rate slows down, which is a lot like the mental state before sleep.

I've been told to listen to music while I read, but that either distracts me or makes me sleepy too.

How about you guys.

Take a goddamn nap and then wake up and read.

Read in a well-lit area.

Do not read in bed, read sitting up in a chair or something.

Eat or drink something before studying to increase energy.

Seriously cheeks this thread is so bush-league. Colleges print this shit out on flyers and shoot them out of cannons at freshmen, how did you not get any?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

1) I'm borderline oblivious to the outside world and don't really notice many fliers at school because there are so many of them, and they're all the same boring made in Microsoft word bullshit

2)I spend most of my time in the electrical engineering department and they don't print up shit like that. The staff finds it trivial, I guess.

I did notice the flier fr when bill the science guy came by though.

4. Just try to concentrate on what you're reading and empty your mind of everything else. I had that problem for a while.

Thankfully I stopped that and one of my other sleep problems: falling asleep at the damn wheel. Currently, "waking up" is the challenge.

5. It's your brain's way of telling you that you're trying too hard. Lower your reading material level and you'll be wide awake.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Let me tell you, If You Give A Pig A Pancake is one of the greatest mystery novels of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post

8. I can't even begin to read at night because I fall asleep every time. But now because of Squidnemo I won't be able to sleep either.

THANKS A-HOLE

Maybe I'll get some reading done...

9. This happens to me all the time. You aren't the only one.

10. What. You get candy wrappers stuck in the fold between your gut and your thigh while you eat a strawberry layer cake in your undies? Gross. TMI man.