Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting sleepy when you read

1. Tones only ever suggests things that have to do with food.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Rail coke.
    This is also a good suggestion if you are writing a book.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Drew, if only you knew how true that was. I'm the same IRL.

3. I like to read before I go to bed, usually for about 1/2 hour every night. Puts me to sleep like a baby, so it is nice.

It only puts me to sleep if the book sucks. If the book is awesome I'll keep reading it until its done.

hai2u 6am

reading until 6 am and then trying to sleep for two hours and then get to work/class/school is something I've done way too much.

Same with good games.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

6. I read an hour or two most every night before bed. I'm a slow reader and I can't read a thousand page book end-to-end in a single sitting though. It doesn't matter how good a book is, it takes me a few weeks to finish. When I was a kid and had tons of free time I could read a book in couple of days or so, but I'd have to read like all day and half the night.

I read the Stand on a plane ride from Baltimore to Las Vegas. I finish most books in a single sitting.

It kind of sucks, actually.

8. I treat them like a fine meal and take my time. Not on purpose of course.

9. I've actually read that if you have troubles sleeping, you shouldn't read before going to sleep as it doesn't allow the brain to relax. I can't sleep at normal times and for long no matter what, but I never understood reading putting people to sleep.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453