View Poll Results: What is your favorite event in the Summer Olympics?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Soccer

0 0%
  • Track and Field, -athlons, Cycling

4 18.18%
  • Swimming/Diving

8 36.36%
  • Gymnastics

3 13.64%
  • Volleyball/Beach Volleyball

2 9.09%
  • Combat Sports (Boxing, Judo, Wrestling, Tae Kwon Do)

4 18.18%
  • Racquet Sports (Tennis, Badminton, Table Tennis)

0 0%
  • Weight Lifting

0 0%
  • Target Sports (Archery, Shooting)

1 4.55%
  • The Gay Stuff (Equestrian? Sailling?)

0 0%
Page 1 of 36 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing

2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing

This shit has already started with a crushing loss for the US Women's Soccer team to Norway, 2-0. Norway is a huge international rival for the US ladies' squad, but despite the loss Team USA should still make it out of their qualifying section.

Tomorrow at 5 a.m. (5p.m. Beijing time) the US Men take on Japan in soccer.

I love the goddamn Olympics. I love feeling patriotic for a change. I also dig on the summer Olympics more than the winter overall, watching stuff like Beach Volleyball and the geeky stuff like Table Tennis, Water Polo and Handball when I get the chance to.

There is a fuckload of coverage this year through nbc both on TV and online, which you can find on their website.

The NY Times Online also has a great event tracker. I'll be watching as much as I can.

What are your fav. events?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. I think the Olympics should be abolished, it is so seldom the big feel good moment that it used to be. Now it's just how much shit can we sell. Which is nice in its own way, but its not the Olympics.

That's interesting. Now GTFO of this thread.

and don't be jealous, Canada
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

Shit the poll should have been Which Country is the Greatest?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

5. LOL. I'm not here to shit up your thread. If it's a good games I'll be thrilled. But I'm pessimistic.

This is pretty much the only time I get to see high-level ping-pong, so I'm stoked. The major sports hardly matter in the Olympics, it's so sad. Baseball, lol. Soccer is weird, the men's team has to have all players (save for 3?) be under 23 years old, and isn't a FIFA event. The tennis is...well they made it worth points but top pros still don't care much. So, the big reasons to get into the Olympics are the niche sports.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

7. Basketball's about the only thing I care about.

WHY NO POLL OPTION?

Because Basketball sucks and I ran out of poll options.

I'm actually interested in how the US men fare this year though, since last Olympics they played like dogshit. They haven't lost any qualifying matches yet.
    Just vote for "The Gay Stuff". Or Soccer, which was supposed to be Basketball Baseball Soccer.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

9. I used to love the men vs boys with Down Syndrome game aka Basketball but then we decided to not send our best players. Sure, the rest of the worlld got better, blah blah blah but seriously, which Euro team was going to stop Shaq? Sabonis was the best to ever do it and still, a) he lost and b) the rest of his team rocked ass, unlike now where most teams are three deep

I contend that if we REALLY cared, we'd still win by 40 a game (not 60 or anything outlandish)

10. Baseball is all I care about.

[edit]
    I may watch a little Softball & Table Tennis too
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in