Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: V: The Movie

1. Film V: The Movie

Click for full size

Quote Originally Posted by AICN

A while back, we ran an interview with V creator Kenneth Johnson. In the piece, he talks about about the creastion, development, and future of the franchise. Here are those reports: PART 1, PART 2, PART 3. One of the potentialities Johnson discusses in the interview is a V feature film. The mighty El Mayimbe over at Latino Review has nabbed a copy of Johnson's feature script, which is more or less a spec script to be shopped around at this point.
    The verdict?
    The story worked 25 years ago and still works today. The lead characters, the central conflict and the overall plot are extremely similar to INDEPENDENCE DAY and V FOR VENDETTA and in fact V: THE MOVIE could be pitched as those two mentioned rolled into one. Drawing upon the major Orwellian themes found in the aforementioned films, while coupling it with a blood thirsty hostile alien race looking to steal earth’s resources and enslaving mankind, the script is no doubt HUGELY commercial!
    ...says El Mayimbe in his spoileriffic write-up, which you can find...

Mayimbe says he also possess a copy of this script's sequel and will share its details at some point...so be sure to check back with LR for the latest.
    Personally, I don't thnk we have enough allegorical SF on screens these days and the notion of more V sends me into sloppy Geekasms.
    Here's the link.

The original Miniseries on NBC kicked ass. The preceding TV SHOW ... wasn't as good. It was a good show, but didn't have the same KICK than the miniseries had.

But cool they are bringing it out to Movie form ... finally.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V-STARTU.GIF 
Views:	636 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	39253  
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. haha holy shit

for the love of god get Robert Englund back in it somehow

edit: and they better still be reptiles, AND live under the denver airport

3. The first TV movie was good. The TV show and other TV movies sucked balls. I'm not that excited about this but who knows? It could be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    for the love of god get Robert Englund back in it somehow
    Oh, gee, I hope he can clear his super-busy schedule.

We need Beastmaster back too! And Michael Ironside!

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Am I supposed to know what this is? Wtf is this?

5. What kind of uncultured...?
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

6. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    Am I supposed to know what this is? Wtf is this?
    No. Just pull the rock back over your head.

7. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    Am I supposed to know what this is? Wtf is this?
    it's based on the true story of reptile overlords coming to the planet in a thin veil of peace, only to take our natural resources and enslave humanity

8. I don't know what this is either. I'm not nerdy enough.

OH GODDAMNIT PEOPLE

10. Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    OH GODDAMNIT PEOPLE

I remember watching this on tv when I was a kid. I loved it.

Last edited by Gonzo; 08 Aug 2008 at 09:02 AM.