Thread: Ps3 Problem

1. Ps3 Problem

So I went to turn on my ps3 today and load up a dvd and the stupid thing turns on but there is no picture! No sound nothing. I had the problem before and went searching on the webs and what I found is to basically reset the system by holding the button till the second beep. I do that and I also connected it using component and it comes on. It asks to switch to HDMI because it detects it and I select yes. It switches I turn to the HDMI and a black screen. When I disconnect the hdmi cable with the system on the tv goes to a blue screen and says there is no signal, so with that saying some kind of signal is going to the tv, but not a picture or sound signal. Has anyone heard of a solution to his or do I have to call sony?

2. You'll get a better answer in the PS3 thread. B-Ri has connections.

3. HDMI cable broken maybe?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    HDMI cable broken maybe?
    Maybe he should get a monster cable. Those things are teh shit.

5. Like you did, hold the power button till the system resets all audio and video settings. When it asks to switch to HDMI because it detects it, say no. After which go into your system settings and MANUALLY set the settings for your HDMI, the system might be sending out a signal the TV cant take. If that does not work, its one of 3 things.

1) the handshake between the HDMI cable and the TV HDMI input
    2) something wrong with the TV port or the cable
    3) something wrong with the ps3

If its still outputting through component, i doubt its the system. Try the ps3 on a different hdmi tv if possible.
    Last edited by B-Ri; 10 Aug 2008 at 07:48 PM.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

6. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    Like you did, hold the power button till the system resets all audio and video settings. When it asks to switch to HDMI because it detects it, say no. After which go into your system settings and MANUALLY set the settings for your HDMI, the system might be sending out a signal the TV cant take. If that does not work, its one of 3 things.

1) the handshake between the HDMI cable and the TV HDMI input
    2) something wrong with the TV port or the cable
    3) something wrong with the ps3

If its still outputting through component, i doubt its the system. Try the ps3 on a different hdmi tv if possible.
    I tried doing it that way and still nothing. I'm going to buy another HDMI cable and hope for the best. Just don't understand what the hell is the problem.

*edit*

I had my ps3 unplugged all day. I just disconnected it from the wall. So about 12 hours later I plug it in turn it on with the extra hold and everything shows up on the HDMI channel.
    Last edited by Daitokuji; 11 Aug 2008 at 01:17 AM.

Blow in the game tape before you put it in next time.

8. God, HDMI is such a bag of shit.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin