Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu Suzuki still Sega Creative advisor and Kotaku sucks

1. Sonic Yu Suzuki still Sega Creative advisor and Kotaku sucks

http://kotaku.com/5035655/shenmue-cr...longer-at-sega

Supposedly, he's now doing some online stuff in China. Now chances of Out Run or Shenmue going to 3 are looking slim. His last arcade game Psy-Phi never saw the light of day.

2. Yeah, I heard about this. Insert Credit posted an interview with the "new" Sega and that's the first thing they said.

3. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    http://kotaku.com/5035655/shenmue-cr...longer-at-sega

Supposedly, he's now doing some online stuff in China. Now chances of Out Run or Shenmue going to 3 are looking slim. His last arcade game Psy-Phi never saw the light of day.
    This is usual sensationalized Kotaku bullshit. Suzuki's last game for Sega (Sega RaceTV) came out a few months ago, and he hasn't been internal at Sega in years, but he still works exclusively with them, pretty much. Non-story, move along.

Given Sega's allergic attitude toward internal development, this can only help the chances of a Shenmue III.

The actual article that Kotaku links to is a fantastic read on modern Sega, though I think the interviewer missed a golden opportunity to grill Simon Jeffery on what the fuck happened with Sega Racing Studio.

5. Sega is over guys, once you realize it, the wounds start to heal.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

Sega still makes video games?

7. I know Psy-Phi machines made it to at least some US locations, was it just on test or what? I was really curious about it.

8. hasn't been internal at Sega in years
    I was going to say, didn't this happen like 6 years ago?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat View Post
    Sega is over guys, once you realize it, the wounds start to heal.

About the way I see it. Aside from Outrun 2/2006, Crush, Yakuza, and the stellar Sega Ages they really haven't impressed the past few years. That PS3 strategy title and World Destruction DS could fan out well I guess.

10. Sega is a decent publisher, now. And they still make solid arcade games, even if not all of them make it home.