Thread: They want to remake Conan and The Rocky Horror?

1. They want to remake Conan and The Rocky Horror?

They said on AotS yesterday that there's plans to remake Conan and The Rocky Horror Picture Show. They also said they want a new Conan every two years. Thoughts?

2. They've been trying to remake Rocky Horror for years now. I remember about 5 years ago a rumor popped up that it was going to be a made-for-tv movie with Marilyn Manson as Frank, an L.A plastic surgeon.

Conan's been in the works, too. Just the other day the Hollywood Reporter uhh, reported that writers had been hired, and that they want this to be a series of films.

Remember a short time ago when Triple H was rumored for the part? I think John Milius himself wanted HHH for the role.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

3. Triple H...LOL I still remember that Conan style intro on a throne.

4. Quote Originally Posted by raystorm View Post
    Triple H...LOL I still remember that Conan style intro on a throne.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

5. A remake of Rocky Horror could be the worst thing to happen since 9/11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    STFU GTFO

6. After Bad Lieutenant, I know there's nothing they won't remake.

Conan doesn't bother me though because that's not a remake of a movie, it's a new adaptation of old material. It'd be like a new Tarzan or something. That's fine.

New RH is a very very very stupid idea. The reason that movie is even popular has passed. It came at a time when just about everything in it was very taboo and was an outlet for many people that enjoyed the weird and odd.

For modern audiences to get the same thing it would need to have something like a romantic love comedy between a tranny cow in a dress and a 12 year old hermaphrodite that sings like Freddie Mercury. And some random tubgirl and goat.se parts,

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    After Bad Lieutenant, I know there's nothing they won't remake.

Conan doesn't bother me though because that's not a remake of a movie, it's a new adaptation of old material. It'd be like a new Tarzan or something. That's fine.
    I'd like to see a new Tarzan.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

9. Quote Originally Posted by buttcheeks View Post
    New RH is a very very very stupid idea. The reason that movie is even popular has passed. It came at a time when just about everything in it was very taboo and was an outlet for many people that enjoyed the weird and odd.
    I don't think you understand "kitsch". Rocky Horror has very popular midnight showings all over the country to this day, precisely because it's time has passed and it's acknowledged as a bit silly. Malls were full of merch for that shit just a few years ago. Colleges? All up on's.

I hate the fuck out of it, but that hasn't made it not exist --not liking it is not the same as it not being popular. A remake would make its money back.

Weather permitting.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 16 Aug 2008 at 11:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!