Thread: Valkyrie

1. Film Valkyrie

December 26th, 2008.

I didn't really know the story, nor have I been following it. I just remember seeing that Bryan Singer is working on this film. Seems interesting ... kinda.

News on the release and the synopsis of the film.

Trailer ... to bad Cruise can't pull off or for that matter even try a German accent.

Pics.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TomCruise-in-VALKYRIE.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	39452  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MechDeus; 14 Aug 2008 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Way to misspell the name of the movie.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. no, but i am interested in Valkarie

3. "Valkyrie...is about to die!"

this movie looks awful.
    Last edited by Jason; 14 Aug 2008 at 12:30 PM.

4. I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

5. I don't like Bryan Singer. But I think Tom Cruise is a great actor who picks (mostly) great roles and great movies. So I don't know what to think about this movie. I'll go see it and the trailer looks kind of cool.

As for Tom Cruise's lack of a German accent in the film....I'd rather have no German accent than a terribly done German accent. Tom Cruise and/or Bryan Singer probably realized the fake German accent on Cruise sounded hokey and decided to ditch it. Wise choice.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Seik View Post
    Tom Cruise and/or Bryan Singer probably realized the fake German accent on Cruise sounded hokey and decided to ditch it. Wise choice.
    That's exactly what happened. Both decided it sounded horrible and they ditched it before filming even started.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

7. That trailer has me utterly unimpressed.

And I like bad movies.