Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61618192021 LastLast

Thread: Grand Slam Tennis Season 10

1. I like the women's sport, but yea it's quite different.

I also wish they would play 5 sets FFS. Why are they getting paid the same for less work?

I actually wish the men's games were best of 3. It takes to damn long to watch a men's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I like the women's sport, but yea it's quite different.

I also wish they would play 5 sets FFS. Why are they getting paid the same for less work?
    I agree but they wouldn't have time to fit it into tournament structure as it is.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. I was flipping channels, and happened to notice that the Woman's Gold singles tennis match was on. Monica Puig is one fine looking woman.

And she just won the Gold for Puerto Rico.
    Last edited by gamevet; 13 Aug 2016 at 06:52 PM.

5. People here go nuts for her. Pica power! (That's what she says when she wins. She says she's like the Little Engine that Could, lol.)

I was in JC Penney this evening and people started cheering. An employee made the announcement over the intercom and people went wild.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    People here go nuts for her. Pica power! (That's what she says when she wins. She says she's like the Little Engine that Could, lol.)

I was in JC Penney this evening and people started cheering. An employee made the announcement over the intercom and people went wild.
    The final set was really intense. The two battled it out for advantage for what seemed like 15 minutes. I was so happy to see her win the match. She really put her all into the match.

What's up with Phil Collins scoring the US Open coverage?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

8. Serena lost again. Third time in the Grand Slam schedule this year she was "shocked." When are people going to stop being shocked? She's 34 and her opponents are all younger. Her opponent today is 24. Can't beat time. 2015 might have been her peak.

9. I remember when 28 is old for a tennis player, she has certainly been impressive in beating back the clock.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    What's up with Phil Collins scoring the US Open coverage?
    Puzzling to me as well. Sussudio? Really?