Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Slam Tennis Season 10

I got stadium tix for Monday. I hope Blake survives today's match and then miraculously winds up as day session monday.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Holy shit. I missed the three most interesting matches of the tournament tonight while having a super awesome time.

Fish beats Blake? What?
    Querrey beats Karlovich? WHAT?
    Ferrer loses to a no-namer? wtf? WTF happened?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

3. It's Olympic hangover.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

Maybe, but claycourters often get upset at the US Open, even though Ferrer and Nalbandian have proven to be better all around players.

Oh yeah, Nalbandian got upset too.

So tomorrow I get to see some awesome goddamn matches. Del Potro against another youngster, Fish/Monfils, maybe some of the Querrey/Nadal match if it is interesting at all (I doubt it) and maybe catch the Japanese kid who knocked out Ferrer. If the weather is as nice as it is today it may be my best open trip yet, and I go every year at least once.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

5. Thanks to Clare Rose, I have seats tomorrow night at one of the Club boxes @ Ashe. I'm hoping Roddick is the night match tomorrow.

He is!

I had a great time today, easily the easiest trip into the Open I've had so far. My friend Sarah gets some heavy VIP access because her father runs pretty much all the IT for the entire event, so she was there wearing her pass and everything was a breeze.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 02 Sep 2008 at 12:15 AM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

Damn, I've really been pulling for Del Potro all tournament. He needs to get into better shape, and then I think he'll rocking ass.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

I've got tickets for sunday at next year's US Open (golf) at Beth Page Black.

Go me.

Venus choked away the first set, and now it looks like she's going to choke away the second.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

well she just choked away her seventh set point, so I think she's losing the match right now.

Make that eight.

And there it goes. Unbelievable inability to close it out.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 03 Sep 2008 at 11:04 PM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie