Thread: Any ideas?

1. Any ideas?

Yeah so, I apparently have some kind of virus, but I can't locate it. Searches with the normal software (spybot, adaware, avg, etc.) just come up with tracking cookies.

The main symptom is that when I try to run bittorrent my computer completely freezes within a minute of running the program. I remember seeing something that started like this and seemed to be a virus affecting memory where things just continued to get worse the more the computer was used. So I'm kind of nervous.

Uh, anyone have any ideas or know of a good place to ask? I've got nothing at this point.

2. AVG has the lowest detection of any free scanner. Try NOD32 and see if that comes up with something. Also, boot into safe mode and scan from there. It pretty much KILLS everything else when it comes to proactive scanning where AVG is usually last.

Might want to try AntiVir 7 http://www.free-av.com/antivirus/allinonen.html which has rootkit protection as well if NOD32 doesn't work for ya.

3. Thanks a lot for the advice! I'll give it a shot -- I'm willing to try anything at this point.

4. Any word?