Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Stargate: Universe

1. Stargate: Universe

it ends after this season, and in true "milk the cow dry" syndrome they plan on doing more STV movies! I want to be disappointed at this news, but honestly I can't find it in me to be upset. They had a really good opportunity to get the show out of the shitter after SG1 finished, however they all but ignored it and Teyla and the replicators continued to live on...

2. Although I never watched the latest season, I really liked this show. I thought it sucked at first, but it eventually came into its own.

3. I always felt star gate was pretty shitty, although my uncles fucking loved these shows.

4. mgm/scifi wasted no time yesterday... atlantis is cancelled (they had a opportunity to get better, but didn't) and "Stargate: Universe" aka the fucking bullshit retarded rapechild of voyager and sliders gets greenlit (which has no chance in hell of being any good at all)

After unlocking the mystery of the Stargate's ninth chevron, a team of explorers travels to an unmanned starship called the Destiny, launched by The Ancients at the height of their civilization as a grand experiment set in motion, but never completed.

What starts as a simple reconnaissance turns into a never ending mission, as the Stargate Universe crew discovers the ship is unable to return to Earth, and they must now fend for themselves aboard the Destiny.

The crew will travel to the far reaches of the universe, connecting with each of the previously launched Stargates, thus fulfilling the Destiny's original mission.

Challenges will arise though as the ship comes into range of Stargates placed centuries ahead of the Destiny, but only for a brief period of time before carrying on with its pre-programmed navigational schedule. If someone is left behind, there is no way to go back for them, adding to the drama of encountering new races, enemies and adventures.
    hey cool a built-in plot reset button

The new series will also be aimed at a slightly younger audience, SCI FI president Dave Howe said.

"This is an opportunity to reinvent this franchise and make it relevant to a new generation," he said. "We really don't want to be more of the same. It's going to build clearly off the existing franchise but with a cast that gives it a younger vibe."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwyIMzfzz8o

yeah, this franchise is finished

5. Yeah, younger vibe LOL that never ends well.

6. The Stargate Atlantis writers really screwed themselves. Why were the Wraith put on the back burner for a villain that was already run in to the ground during the flagship series? Nobody wanted to see The Replicators. Teyla and Ronin both seemed like the same character. I like Ronin though, so Teyla should have been left out.

I liked Atlantis but the entire thing was on the shoulders of the fun character development. Beckett was a cool doctor, so why kill him off for a lamer version of something you essentially already had?

But the biggest sin of this show was focusing less and less on the Wraith and more on goofy side races.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. I hope they find a way of writing McKay into the new series. He's the only character I've really liked for a while now in anything Stargate.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

8. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    The Stargate Atlantis writers really screwed themselves. Why were the Wraith put on the back burner for a villain that was already run in to the ground during the flagship series? Nobody wanted to see The Replicators. Teyla and Ronin both seemed like the same character. I like Ronin though, so Teyla should have been left out.

I liked Atlantis but the entire thing was on the shoulders of the fun character development. Beckett was a cool doctor, so why kill him off for a lamer version of something you essentially already had?

But the biggest sin of this show was focusing less and less on the Wraith and more on goofy side races.
    I agree with most of this, and have some additional points to make:

• the wraith devolved from crazy fucking invincible space vampires to GREEN JAFA over the course of the last 4 years
    • Teyla outlived her usefulness by the middle of season 2
    • the Genii were awesome at least Kolya is evidently coming back from the dead later this season
    • 3 leadership changes over 5 years, and none of them as good as Hammond of Texas god rest his soul
    • TOO MANY FUCKING WACKY ADVENTURES

I could go on for days, but ehh... it had its problems but I would have kept on watching, but now we're going to be treated to the live action version of stargate infinity and I just don't want any goddamn part of that

edit: to be fair about the replicators, they were supposed to be the big pegasus villains instead of the wraith but they overdid them in SG1
    Last edited by cka; 22 Aug 2008 at 12:21 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    I hope they find a way of writing McKay into the new series. He's the only character I've really liked for a while now in anything Stargate.
    I believe this. McKay is a pretty good character and the actor who plays him nails it every time.

Personally, I really do like this show and its characters. Some of the storylines and plot choices have been a bit off like mentioned. I mean the "Wier-led-Replicators". At the end of the episode that wiped out that whole planet of Replicators, she was all, "now we can carry on with teh PLAN". Unfortunately their plan was to be hippies, meditate, and do yoga until they turned into technology hacking ghosts. wtf.

But honestly, for me, its always been fun to watch.I enjoyed Atlantis more than SG-1, and Im kind of sad to see it go.

This new Stargate Universe sounds like they were inspired by a recent Atlantis episode. The one where the alternate Daedulus the team is on keeps jumping forward to other universes....Ill give it a chance. I mean with Battlestar and this leaving Sci-fi, theres not going to be a whole lot to watch on this channel...

10. I'm not really interested in a series involving Stargate that doesn't build on a certain species. If this series is okay and goes two seasons I'll be surprised. Stargate Atlantis was a show that was sitting on top of a pile of TNT that you really wanted to go off, but never really lit the fuse. And that's a writing issue.

John Sheppard and Dr. McKay were both amazing characters. If the show could have focused more on them as a unit, which were the best episodes of the series by far, I would be upset at this. But FUCK the Replicators. And where the hell are the Genii? The infighting between the Atlantians and them was interesting. As it stands right now we only know that the Wraith developed from an insect, much the same way humans developed from mammals (monkeys I guess). With the Jaffa there was such an intricate species hierarchy and everything was explained well that it made a lot of sense and a lot of believability stemmed from the universe. The military-esque angle was also golden.

What the fuck does Sci-fi have now? ECW?
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 24 Aug 2008 at 02:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."