Page 13 of 329 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Cooking: TNL!

1. Make lentil burgers with Turkish bread, hummus, red onion, cheese of choice, lettuce of choice and a good spicy chilli sauce and you will be in heaven.

What is this Turkish bread you are talking about, arjue? Is it like the flat herbed zatar bread?

I've been eating a lot less meat lately; not for any particular reason, other than not having meat. My digestive system has felt a little better until I had a burrito from Moes yesterday, after which my stomach felt like a stopped up drain for about 8 hours.

3. I think its the same is pide bread, but without the seasoning.

looks like this minus the herbs. Varies in thickness but is usually kinda flat.

I ended up making a quick minestrone for lunch today: sauteed quarter chopped red onion, cubed zucchini, and garlic; added two cans of tomatoes (one whole peeled and one diced), can of cannellini beans and some leftover stock I had in the fridge; cooked some pasta shells on another burner, added the shells to the main pot, and seasoned to taste (salt, pepper, oregano, fresh basil, and lots of grated parmesan). I just wish I had some bread.

5. Weirdest thing happened today. I decided to broil some cheese on some toast for lunch. I figured I would slice some tomato to go on top. I cut into the tomato and it had sprouts inside! I had never seen this before, apparently it had been out on the counter too long and the seeds inside the tomato started growing. It looked like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sara_walker/511115821/

Blarg I didn't eat it, it was just too damn creepy.

6. That looks like something from Half Life.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

This happened to me with a spaghetti squash. I cut it in half and all these fucking tentacles fell out.

Raunchy.

8. I may have had that with a bell pepper. Inside looked like the start of a second pepper forming, it was really confusing. The rest of it tasted fine, though.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    This happened to me with a spaghetti squash. I cut it in half and all these fucking tentacles fell out.

Raunchy.
    Ewww, this made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

10. I also had tentacles growing off of ginger root. It freaked me out, I had someone else cut them off for me.