Page 16 of 329 FirstFirst ... 21214151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Cooking: TNL!

1. I enjoy the modern complicated shit. I actually find down home southern definitely isn't my thing. Also I live in Canada, so we're not really familiar with that and lot of it is regional.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    For goat cheese:

Grab some chicken breasts. Pound them thin with your meat hammer. Mix your goat cheese with crushed walnuts and some chopped garic. Place mixture onto one end of the pounded-out chicken, top with spinach, and roll the it up. Bake at 350 or so for something like 30 minutes.

It's incredible. One of my favorite dishes to make. Serve it with some roasted potatoes and cool pasta salad (my favorite is orzo, feta, oil/balsamic, red pepper, basil, spinach, SD-tomatoes, pinenuts) and you're set.
    I'm trying this, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    BC, I completely empathize. My roommate will mention to a group of black friends that I can cook "real" greens and they'll say a harmonious dammmmmnn
    mix two or more types of greens

cook with butter, ham or bacon.

"it ain't hard son"

oh and slow cook it in a crock pot

the trick is, CAN YOU COOK REAL CORNBREAD!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I enjoy the modern complicated shit. I actually find down home southern definitely isn't my thing. Also I live in Canada, so we're not really familiar with that and lot of it is regional.
    its cause you're gay

but thats ok. Not everyone can cook right.

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    The changes are for the better.
    seriously?

what I'm talking about it using a lot of imitation shit. I'd rather cook with real butter, real eggs, real lemons, real vanilla. I hate recipes that are all about using vegetable short'n and artificial flavors and the like.

6. THAT'S what you're talking about when you say new shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Anyone know off-hand what apples are best for pie baking? I know some are a lot softer than others, and I've never baked with them before.

8. Quote Originally Posted by buttcheeks View Post
    what I'm talking about it using a lot of imitation shit. I'd rather cook with real butter, real eggs, real lemons, real vanilla. I hate recipes that are all about using vegetable short'n and artificial flavors and the like.
    Like usual you've already made up your mind that all the changes must be bad so go ahead and buy the inferior book.

This is fucking hopeless.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. i finally made the hobo packs on my camping trip this weekend. onions, bell peppers, chicken, rosemary and potatoes. awesome. ive never had a better dinner outdoors.
    Wear more flannel.

10. Seriously, it's the only way to fly.
    Boo, Hiss.