Page 29 of 329 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Cooking: TNL!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Tonight: pizza with a whole wheat crust made from scratch.

Toppings: Broccoli, onion, yellow squash, mushroom, basil, mozzarella and some other cheese that started with an "a"

Result: bangin.
    That sounds so good minus the onions. I love me some broccoli.

2. I'm cooking monkfish tomorrow. Brought some from my trip to Seattle last week.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Celery (two stalks at midnight)
    Give it up for the Bunnicula reference!

I haven't read those books since small times.
    Last edited by sleeve; 03 Nov 2008 at 11:24 PM.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    cheese that started with an "a"
    Asiago I'd imagine.
    Boo, Hiss.

ten points 4u!

Roasted a chicken on Tuesday, and made chicken and rice soup last night. Boiled the bones and carcass to make broth, sauteed finely chopped 1/2 onion, 2 small carrots, and 2 cloves garlic, added broth, added chicken, and added jasmine rice. Delicious.

There's such a significant difference between homemade broth and store-bought. Even the good stuff tastes bland, flat, and diluted compared to homemade stuff. If you pay $5 for a small whole chicken and roast it, you can easily get a few quarts of broth essentially for free.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    Roasted a chicken on Tuesday, and made chicken and rice soup last night. Boiled the bones and carcass to make broth, sauteed finely chopped 1/2 onion, 2 small carrots, and 2 cloves garlic, added broth, added chicken, and added jasmine rice. Delicious.

There's such a significant difference between homemade broth and store-bought. Even the good stuff tastes bland, flat, and diluted compared to homemade stuff. If you pay $5 for a small whole chicken and roast it, you can easily get a few quarts of broth essentially for free.
    Heck yeah, I just made a broth using a roasted chicken from Walmart a couple of days ago. It was awesome. I added all the stuff you did plus a huge handful of cilantro. Well no rice, I ended up adding noodles to mine. It was super easy too just boil it for a couple of hours, strain, stick in the fridge and after it cools off you can scrape off the fat. It was WAY better than store bought.

7. I'm sick again, but I made some chicken soup. Similar to the recipe I re-posted. This time I added celery. And the chicken was a leftover from when I made BBQ chicken.

It was awesome.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

8. this thread makes me real hungry lol...almost torture

9. Quote Originally Posted by animegirl View Post
    Heck yeah, I just made a broth using a roasted chicken from Walmart a couple of days ago. It was awesome. I added all the stuff you did plus a huge handful of cilantro. Well no rice, I ended up adding noodles to mine. It was super easy too just boil it for a couple of hours, strain, stick in the fridge and after it cools off you can scrape off the fat. It was WAY better than store bought.
    Cilantro? That's such a strange addition to chicken stock. I find with most store bought brands that I use (never made my own) it's way too fucking salty. I'd rather it just bring the chicken flavour. I'll season the dish as I go whilst making it.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 08 Nov 2008 at 10:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    chicken stalk.
    AT MIDNIGHT