Page 310 of 329 FirstFirst ... 296306308309310311312314324 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 3284

Thread: Let's Cooking: TNL!

I just made some red bean patties that are so legit I don't even know what to say.

2. Say how you made them instead of keeping secrets of silent earth 3

Mash the red beans, add soy sauce, dijon mustard, garlic and onion powder, thyme, paprika, vital wheat gluten, nutritional yeast and some quinoa. Brush them with some diluted sriracha and bake at 450 for 15 minutes or so, flipping halfway through.

That sounds really good! Quinoa, vital wheat gluten, and nutritional yeast aren't a part of my normal pantry, though.

Yesterday, I made this eggplant curry recipe. I happened to have everything in the pantry/fridge to make it (and some naan in the freezer). That reminds me, I need to pick up more rice. I ate a 10 lb bag of basmati on my own in about 4 months. Having 2 nice Indian grocers within a 4 mile radius is pretty great.

They should be! Nutritional yeast is super useful for all sorts of things. You can also make seitan with vital wheat gluten if that's your thing.

Also, I love eggplant. I've not seen any worth purchasing around here in a bit.

6. Ugh, Seitan.
    Boo, Hiss.

Josh, you mentioning nutritional yeast reminded me of a salad dressing recipe that is really good and very distinctive. A religious community/cult/whatever served it on campus in college. Here's the recipe.. I really need to make it; it's delicious over a simple salad (think romaine, sliced radishes, and maybe some escarole). I've never had another salad dressing like it.

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Ugh, Seitan.
    a wild faggot appears

9. I have had some delicious fucking seitan. I generally abhor vegetarian meat substitutes, but that is my primary exception.

10. I've had incredible and awful experiences with every kind of fake meat. Much like regular meat.