Page 320 of 329 FirstFirst ... 306316318319320321322324 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 3284

Thread: Let's Cooking: TNL!

1. Call me a diva but I would not eat anything I opened that had bugs in it.

the bugs are dead, pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Call me a diva but I would not eat anything I opened that had bugs in it.
    Here you go:

http://www.amazon.com/100-Cricket-Fl.../dp/B00OMCTODQ

This is my favorite part:

"Produced on USA FDA-registered farms; crickets fed a diet of vegetables in hygienic conditions. Crickets are pressure cooked & ground into a fine cricket flour."

4. Cricket flour is totally a thing. We find it weird, but I've messed with it before.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. I would try properly prepared bugs. It's supposed to be a great source of protein that is really good for the environment (atleast compared to beef).

For Christmas, my housemate got a char-griller wih a smoker, and we've literally used it every day since we set it up. It's amazing how much better vegetables and meat taste when they're char-grilled compared to kitchen cooked. Why is that so? Anyone have any suggestions for stuff to try?

It's the cancer

7. Charred leeks are exceptional with a vinaigrette.

Throw a thick cut well seasoned steak directly on the coals. Flip after a minute or two. Brush off the ash and use some sauce.
    Boo, Hiss.

Cancer

9. Yes, I'm aware.

Whole sweet potatoes cooked in the coals are very nice. Butter and brown sugar.

For a similar flavor, I use olive oil powder and set it on fire until it's about half charred, put it out and mix. Tastes like campfire.
    Boo, Hiss.

10. Good call on the leeks, they were amazing!