Page 327 of 329 FirstFirst ... 313323325326327328329 LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 3284

Thread: Let's Cooking: TNL!

1. Quote Originally Posted by shravnidha579 View Post
    Egg is really good for your teeth.
    Boy oh boy do I not agree with this

Either that or my favorite food, egg, has betrayed me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. Quote Originally Posted by shravnidha579 View Post
    Egg is really good for your teeth.
    Funniest TNL post of 2019

I have a meal I'm cooking for Saturday. I'd like to prep as much of it ahead of time as I can. Because I'm driving 5 hours before I cook it.

I'm going to do
    fried chicken strips
    Three cheese mac cheese
    Mashed sweet potatoes
    Corn bread
    Some sort of greens.
    Maybe steamed or baked broccoli with cheese. Might just get a mixed veggie bag.

Desert is carrot cake and chocolate chip cookies.

How far in advance can you cook and keep mac and cheese and mashed sweet potatoes? It would be good if I could reheat them while I bake the veggies.

4. Mac and cheese will be mush if you reheat it, and if you baked it in an oven anyway then you’re not really saving much time baking it again. Sweet potatoes are already mush, I don’t think it matters.

I would say you could probably get away with cooking the chicken the day before, then day-of you can deep fry briefly to warm them up and get the outside extra crispy.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

...I have never heard of anyone cooking fried chicken like that

I'm looking at a recipe for mashed sweet potatoes. Why would I peal and cube and then boil these? Why not just bake them and then spoon the insides into a pot and mash? Boiling them in water will rob them of what little micro nutrients they have.

Let's Cooking: TNL!

Cut them up, bake/roast/whatever them and mash them with the skins, imo.

8. Boil them because that’s what grandma did.

A lot of fried foods get fried twice, once at a cooler temperature to cook it through, let it cool to room temp, then again at a higher temp to get extra crispy. I haven’t tried it with chicken, but it might work.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I'm looking at a recipe for mashed sweet potatoes. Why would I peal and cube and then boil these? Why not just bake them and then spoon the insides into a pot and mash? Boiling them in water will rob them of what little micro nutrients they have.
    Micro Nutrients. Fuck off, you're making sweet potatoes in the South.
    Boo, Hiss.

Dicing and Boiling still sounds like more work than wrapping it in tinfoil and baking.