Page 3 of 329 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Cooking: TNL!

1. Steak isn't the meat you need to worry about. Hamburger/ground beef is much more likely to get you sick if undercooked.

Steak needs to be bloody IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Man vs. Wild style. Right off the hide.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Threaten cow with fire, murder it, put it on my plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. That's horrible. I like to put it under the surgical knife. That way it gets better and grows its fillets back. Most people don't know cows grow their t-bones and ribs back after 6 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Took a picture about halfway through my fajita. They were quite tasty! Homemade extra thick tortillas (I used my watermelon as a rolling pin, haha) and some pepper/onion/bit of tomato from the farmer's market this morning. And the chicken I had to fight with to get off the bone, grilled up George style.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fajita.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	231.9 KB 
ID:	39753  

6. nomi, have you/will you post your recipe for tortillas? ive always wanted to make home made ones but never have.
    Wear more flannel.

7. I used 2c flour with 1+1/2tsp. baking powder, mixed and set aside. Mix 3/4c lukewarm milk with 1tsp. salt and 2tsp. oil. Gradually mix it into the flour. It will be very sticky, so flour your hands and surface well, and knead it for 2 minutes. I let it sit in a bowl for a while (it doesn't rise like bread but I let it rest). Tear off clumps and do your best to flatten them down. This recipe makes extra thick and chewy tortillas, they're not really traditional or anything. Just throw them into a pan with hot oil and flip when it starts to poof a bit.

This makes 6 tortillas or so.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Nomi View Post
    Took a picture about halfway through my fajita. They were quite tasty! Homemade extra thick tortillas (I used my watermelon as a rolling pin, haha) and some pepper/onion/bit of tomato from the farmer's market this morning. And the chicken I had to fight with to get off the bone, grilled up George style.
    Wow, that looks amazing! I love fajitas but I always pick off the onions before I eat them. Onions are so gross. I am lucky that I live so close to Mexico and I can get some kick-ass local tortillas. That is cool that you made your own though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomi View Post
    from the farmer's market this morning
    I'm proud of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by animegirl View Post
    Onions are so gross
    You go to hell.

10. It's a really, really dinky farmer's market since the other one is way too far, but they've got cheap tomato onion and green pepper. And some adorable little farm girl sells her family's jams and apple butter, so I always cave in and buy some when she asks. Black cherry jam in baked scones is awesome.

Also we just got a new roommate and he brought a crock pot and some real kitchen shit.