Page 6 of 329 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Cooking: TNL!

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    You can make a smoker out of a cardboard box.

Actually, let me rephrase that: A cardboard box is a smoker.
    Are you talking about the Alton Brown method of cold smoking?

2. I think for smoke you can use aluminum foil over a heat source with a grill to place your meat on and a tent made out of more aluminum foil. Saw some dude do that shit on the Food Network awhile back when he didn't have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

I would prefer to pay $10 for a smoker than mess around with some contraption that will likely fail.

4. Whatever Richy McRich. Time is money.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

My time money is a lot less expensive than my money money.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    Wow, that looks awesome. Good job nom-noms.
    It came out a bit doughy, since I cooked it in a casserole instead of a bread pan, I think. I tried cooking it longer but didn't want to risk burning it. Tastes like soft pizza dough/breadstick, maybe? It has cheddar cheese in it and some parsley+oregano rolled on each of the 48 individual balls.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Hubbitron View Post
    FUCKING DEEP FRY THAT SHIT!
    Beat me to it.

Best turkey I EVER had was when I was in school. We deep fried it and put a nice thick spice/herb coat on it. It came out with the mega flavorful skin and juicy as cooked right steak.

When I worked at the hotel, this guy would deep fry turkeys for people around Thanksgiving. He'd be cranking em out and making extra dough.....with the hotels equipment haha. I think it maybe took 30 mins top for a turkey.

8. A brined, deep-fried turkey made for the best Thanksgiving ever. I couldn't believe that turkey could taste so good.

9. Umm...could I get some instructions on deep frying turkeys? How big does the friar have to be? Does the Turkey have to be separated first?

Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    the friar
    lol