Page 9 of 329 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Cooking: TNL!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Bud Light Lime.
    gross.

Maybe you should cut back on all non essentials until you get a car and a place to live?

3. Alcohol is pretty essential. How else can you deal with the pain?

bicep curls

5. Ok here is the lady finger recipe as promised

Pre heat oven to 425

4 oz bread flour
    6 eggs seperated
    6 oz sugar
    Drops lemon juice
    3 oz cornstarch

-Add 2 oz of the sugar to the egg yolks and whip in a mixer till light color and creamy.
    -Add a 3 or so drops of lemon juice to the egg whites and 2 oz of sugar and whip till triple in size and foamy(about 2 minutes)
    -Mix the cornstarch and remaining sugar and add slowly to egg whites and whip to stiff peaks.
    -Fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg white mixture, then fold in the flour.

Here is where you can fix the batter anyway you want. You can pipe cookies or fingers if you like or just spread it over a paper lined sheet pan and cut the shapes out with a round cookie cutter. The batter will rise up to about double the height while baking.

Bake for around 8 minutes or until golden color. These suckers will be slightly dry and can soak up coffee like a spongue.

Enjoy.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Bud Light Lime.
    I was drinking this last night. It's not bad. I still prefer a Dos Equis with a real lime in it though.

Thanks for the recipe! I am going to try to make some this weekend.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Maybe you should cut back on all non essentials until you get a car and a place to live?
    FYI I got a place to stay. If you checked the shirt thread I told Frog where. I have choices.

Also: I shall use that recipe.
    Last edited by Advocate; 30 Aug 2008 at 07:01 PM.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Here's an update of what the turkey became:
    -About a gallon of turkey, rice, and vegetable soup
    -A few turkey sandwiches
    -A 9" pot pie that I'm about to put in the freezer

All in all, I only have about a cup of meat left over, which I consider pretty good. If I get some eggs tomorrow, the mashed potatoes are going to become potato pancakes.

And I'm cooking for a few other people this Friday... I have no idea what, though. I think I'll just go to the hippie farmer's market tomorrow and see what looks good there to start.

9. Sautee a little minced garlic and ginger in oil - then add 1 part shitake mushrooms, 1 part button mushrooms.
    Dash of ponzu sauce.
    Reduce to glaze.
    Add a dab of butter for a creamy mouth-feel
    Pinch of salt.

It's awesome.
    Boo, Hiss.

How would that be served? As a compliment to a protein?