Page 325 of 329 FirstFirst ... 311321323324325326327 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 3284

Thread: Let's Cooking: TNL!

That's our sats.

Wah wah

2. yeah, it was definitely a very me moment!

Ughhhhh it’s that time of year when it’s too hot to cook but im tired of eating out. When are they going to invent soylent in pill form or something? I would have assumed that would have occurred before self driving cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Do any of you... cook?

I made some ribs and wings today but I didn’t really get a picture. Here’s all I got to show for it. Wings on the grill have a good flavor, but I still like the texture of the deep fried ones most. I might try smoking and trying one day.
    We've been doing wings in the oven instead of frying for awhile now. I had started tossing the raw wings in some salt, black pepper, and paprika, and it added a nice flavor. I then started adding some corn starch to that, and tossing the raw wings in that. Really helped with crisping up the skin, so maybe that would work on the grill.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. I made an amazing spicy as fuck chilli recently, basically flavored by cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and 2 fistfulls of chillis. We are coming into winter here so it's super satisfying.

This is an unrelated question for anyone who has worked in restaurants - Do busy restaurants mind if you book a table for 1? I've been planning my next big holiday and there are a bunch of restaurants I was looking at, I'd book either way i think but I'm curious to know.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    We've been doing wings in the oven instead of frying for awhile now. I had started tossing the raw wings in some salt, black pepper, and paprika, and it added a nice flavor. I then started adding some corn starch to that, and tossing the raw wings in that. Really helped with crisping up the skin, so maybe that would work on the grill.
    I did half with the rib rub and the other half naked, then tossed in hot sauce. The rubbed wings did crisp up better, possibly helped by the powder pulling out some moisture. I didn't take too much care to pat them dry or anything. Wings are usually such a chore because I need to get the deep frying setup out, but they came together very easily on the grill. I'll do them again soon with your suggestions.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

6. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    I made an amazing spicy as fuck chilli recently, basically flavored by cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and 2 fistfulls of chillis. We are coming into winter here so it's super satisfying.

This is an unrelated question for anyone who has worked in restaurants - Do busy restaurants mind if you book a table for 1? I've been planning my next big holiday and there are a bunch of restaurants I was looking at, I'd book either way i think but I'm curious to know.
    Honestly, tables for 1 are easy as hell usually so I would tend to say no one would care!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. Table for 1 is no problem.

Though, if it’s a reeeeally busy place maybe see if you can eat at the bar.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    I did half with the rib rub and the other half naked, then tossed in hot sauce. The rubbed wings did crisp up better, possibly helped by the powder pulling out some moisture. I didn't take too much care to pat them dry or anything. Wings are usually such a chore because I need to get the deep frying setup out, but they came together very easily on the grill. I'll do them again soon with your suggestions.
    Hope the cook goes well, looking forward to hearing what you think of it.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. I’ve developed quite a liking for sauteed peppers and onions, two items I’ve historically shunned. I’m even throwing mushrooms in now, something I absolutely, positively would not eat aside from whatever was in the cream of mushroom soup used for stroganoff or green bean casserolle- previously.

Just finished making and eating that trio with some cut up smoked sausage. Shit was delish, though in the future I’ll have to look out for a low sodium sausage- the finish dish was fairly salty even though I only used a bit of black pepper for seasoning.

10. Sausage and peppers is a great combo. Get you some whole grain mustard for that sausage.

Shin Johnpv, I didn't make any more wings this year! Keep looking forward to what I think, I guess.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!