Page 1 of 329 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Cooking: TNL!

1. Let's Cooking: TNL!

Let's just start over here.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Baked egg (also known as "shirred") with parsley, buttery toast fingers and crispy fried bacon. The egg was divine, this was the first time I made one using this method. Here is how, it's really easy:

Grease ramaken with butter. Crack egg into ramaken and spoon over about a tablespoon of cream or half and half. Top with salt and pepper. Bake in 375 degree oven for 12 minutes (you can go longer or shorter depending on how hard you want your egg). Next time I am going to add some goat cheese and see how that tastes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bakedegg.JPG 
Views:	1880 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	39715  

3. 1. awesome pic.

2. OMG ... That looks delicious.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    1. awesome pic.

2. OMG ... That looks delicious.
    Thanks! I need more light to really get better color in my pics. I think I need a better camera too, I am using a Sony Cybershot. Some of the nicer food pics I have seen use sunlight as a light source but I don't have any windows in easy to reach places.

5. I need a camera. But I think I'll try that recipe ... I'm still looking for Chili jam to make the Mongolian Beef Kabobs.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

6. In the Soby's cookbook I have the only light used for photography was sunlight at a table in the restaurant and everything looks great.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. That egg looks awesome, I should try that tonight, I eat a lot of eggs but I've never had one baked like that.

8. That pic is definitely appetizing. Personally, I would have dipped the bread in the egg and fried it, but to each his or her own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    STFU GTFO

9. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    In the Soby's cookbook I have the only light used for photography was sunlight at a table in the restaurant and everything looks great.
    It is entirely possible to take good photography with natural sunlight. Especially on a cloudy overcast day. One of the first assignments in photography was to make a really nice portrait of someone. Everyone in my class was running to book the studio, without actually taking the time to read the little textbook he supplied the class. I just pulled my friend Amanda up to an empty room and had her sit in a chair by the window on an angle and I ended up with an A-. Oh and then after we had crazy super naked monkey sex in the abandoned room. That didn't happen, but it makes the story way better.

For the record I think animegirls photography as of recent has been easily the best food photography any of us idiots have taken short of Rtificial, whose food, I'm convinced, would still look retardedly appetizing sitting tilted in a steaming pile of donkey shit.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 22 Aug 2008 at 06:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."