Page 2 of 329 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Cooking: TNL!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I've had burgers with stuff like peanut butter in it, and one with oatmeal in it. And surprisingly the oatmeal one was really quite good. Not the best idea though, but a nice diversion.
    damn... how were the peanut butter ones? never even thought of doing that (sounds gross but I'd try anything once). Onions, pickles, sometimes swiss and bacon (w/ketchup) is what I normally stick to.

2. A sunny-side up egg on top of a burger is heaven.

3. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    A sunny-side up egg is heaven.
    If you placed a sunny side up egg on a mound of shit, I'd have to stop and think about it before deciding not to eat it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    damn... how were the peanut butter ones? never even thought of doing that (sounds gross but I'd try anything once). Onions, pickles, sometimes swiss and bacon (w/ketchup) is what I normally stick to.
    It was in the patty, not on top like a condiment. It was pretty good, definitely a little too salty for my taste. I'm glad I tried it, but a more contemporary patty is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    A sunny-side up egg on top of a burger is heaven.

“We take eighteen ounces of sizzling ground beef, and soak it in rich, creamery butter, then we top it off with bacon, ham, and a fried egg. We call it the Good Morning Burger.”

6. I prefer an over easy egg on top of long grain rice, myself.

So I got some split chicken breast for 70cents/lb but I had never dealt with on the bone meat before. I probably looked like a total fool trying to figure out how to cut it properly, but it wasn't that hard. Definitely worth the price difference compared to how expensive the boneless skinless breast is. I feel competent now! Anyway, I'm going to make some tortillas tonight and then fry my hand at cheap fajitas, and the rest I'm going to slather in BBQ sauce tomorrow night.

7. I don't understand the point of over easy eggs. But eggs are so customizable it's kind of awesome. I'm going to make chicken teriyaki or chicken parmesan tonight for dinner. Not sure which.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 23 Aug 2008 at 03:58 PM.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. I dunno, over easy makes it seem more cooked to me, and I'm one of those awful people that is really paranoid about undercooked meat/eggs. It's taken me a long time to get comfortable with eating steak even at medium

9. Why do we have a second cooking thread?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Nomi View Post
    I dunno, over easy makes it seem more cooked to me, and I'm one of those awful people that is really paranoid about undercooked meat/eggs. It's taken me a long time to get comfortable with eating steak even at medium
    I'm the opposite. I like my eggs to be perfectly done on the plate. If they're a little bit chewy I don't mind, but I don't want to see any brown in that. Meat depends on what you're cooking. I don't want to see pink in my chicken or pork, or burger really (but it's not the end of the world). For steak it's rare to medium-rare or I don't eat it outside of a sandwich/stew/special dish. Special allowances for dishes that require a special cooking of a certain cut or meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    Why do we have a second cooking thread?
    Because we're all really hungry!!
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 23 Aug 2008 at 04:28 PM.