Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: What Should I Major In?

1. I was kidding about Brown, I decided to accept my NYU acceptance instead.

I need serious answers guys pls.

2. Triple Major in philosophy, sociology and political Science, minor in econ and business administration and read a book about international relations.

3. Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    I was kidding about Brown, I decided to accept my NYU acceptance instead.

are you enrolled for the fall semester or spring?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    I was kidding about Brown, I decided to accept my NYU acceptance instead.

When you get here the NY TNL'ers are going to scratch up your car.

Brown is a better school to go to for fucking off at, because they really don't care what you major in and you can create your own major like it's a build-a-bear.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Nomi View Post
    It's your first year. Take a bunch of classes in different fields, you'll find something.
    This. Basicallly take your general studies courses while you figure out your major. I spent two years in college before I switched majors and added two minors. Of course,the two minors added another year, but I wouldn't really sweat your situation.

Also, there'll be plenty of time for fucking off. Just don't too much of it or you'll become a statistic.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

6. You probably won't ever use whatever you learn about so go nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. I'm going to be the next Jean Baudrillard aka the next best philosopher/sociologist.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    You probably won't ever use whatever you learn about so go nuts.
    This is absolutely the correct answer.

My political science courses gave me a lot of otherwise useless information that I've been able to (always successfully) use against Frog in political threads. Other than that, you're basically proving that you have the ability and drive to complete the requirements for the degree. Pick something that you find genuinely interesting and go crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Also, don't bank on actually keeping through with it. I'm on my third major, YES.

10. Second major, here. I intend to graduate with this degree, but who knows if I'll go into it professionally.