Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 616181920

Thread: Arrested Development Season 4 (IT'S ON), Film (IT'S ON)

1. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/23/a...ey-tambor.html

kinda odd NYT article. Currently getting a lot of backlash for the male actors talking over Jessica Walter, about her experienced with Tambor.

I'm curious about the new season but idk. I think like just about every other piece of media that has been brought back from the dead, it probably should have stayed there. I'm hopeful, but not optimistic, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. I absolutely loved the first three seasons of AD, but I watched them fresh out of college. Four didn't do it for me a few episodes in, probably skipping the new thing. Time and a place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. 4 was still good, the remix makes it better IMO

4. Incorrect.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. I watched the remixed Season 4 over the long weekend. Surprisingly, it seemed a bit better. I think part of the reason was that the embarrassing DeBris thread was or at least felt shorter because it was more dispersed. Anything that gets close to Tobias in S4 sucks.

The remix didn't fix just how plot-heavy the season is. There are no jokes because the narrator is always narrating; there are so many moving plot-parts and so little time to develop them that constant, and I mean constant, exposition is the only way to cohere the disparate pieces. I'm surprised when the show goes longer than a full minute without Howard interjecting. Because the season is all plot, what jokes there are have to be sitcommy--they have to derive from plot situations that must be inherently funny for their ridiculousness (bees in the limo, Buster getting a big hand, George Michael having an unlikely affair with the Spanish woman) more than they are derived from dialogue. The earlier seasons had a great mix of both. This one still feels like a silly pop-up book.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 29 May 2018 at 02:47 PM.

6. So I thought I’d start the fifth season, but I didn’t remember anything from the recap, so I thought I’d revisit the fourth, and only the remixed version is up on Netflix? I don’t like that they took the original down in place of this.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    So I thought I’d start the fifth season, but I didn’t remember anything from the recap, so I thought I’d revisit the fourth, and only the remixed version is up on Netflix? I don’t like that they took the original down in place of this.
    Honestly, the fifth season does a pretty good job of rendering the fourth (mostly) unnecessary. Lucille 2 is missing. Will Arnett's getting chubby. Laguna Closet Conversions, despite their claim, isn't only about making closets.