Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4141617181920 LastLast

Thread: Arrested Development Season 4 (IT'S ON), Film (IT'S ON)

1. I watched a couple episodes of the new season, stopped, and now I don't feel like watching the rest. LOVED the old series. Oh well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Come back to it later. There are a few redeeming moments.

3. Way late to the party. Over the last few days I've watched Season 1 and most of season 2 and it finally clicked with me. I think it's partially due to how much I like Archer so seeing Jessica Walter play pretty much the same character in this is great (as well as the few Cheryl appearances).

I was debating watching season 4 because I recalled the reaction to it being less than stellar, and coincidentally they recently announced they're re-cutting and releasing it to be structured more like the regular series. Anyone looking forward to it?

4. If I were you, I'd watch the remix of season 4 before the original cut. I liked season 4, but the format was really wonky and it didn't really feel like Arrested Development. I'm stoked to watch the remix.

5. I didn't mind the original cut of season 4, but I am definitely going to watch the remix to see how it flows. Apparently season 5 will be here sooner than we know.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Way late to the party. Over the last few days I've watched Season 1 and most of season 2 and it finally clicked with me. I think it's partially due to how much I like Archer so seeing Jessica Walter play pretty much the same character in this is great (as well as the few Cheryl appearances).

I was debating watching season 4 because I recalled the reaction to it being less than stellar, and coincidentally they recently announced they're re-cutting and releasing it to be structured more like the regular series. Anyone looking forward to it?
    The way the interlocking pieces of the plot revealed themselves through the weird structure was the best part of a pretty ho-hum season. Revising it to give it a more traditional narrative trajectory is knee-capping the season imo.

7. I agree with Jed. I'll watch the recut.

8. Fine. Fine, then.

9. I hate being torn between the opinions of two people I respect!

10. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    The way the interlocking pieces of the plot revealed themselves through the weird structure was the best part of a pretty ho-hum season. Revising it to give it a more traditional narrative trajectory is knee-capping the season imo.
    Yes, but I would argue part of the reason it was ho-hum is that whole episodes were focused on single characters rather than the ensemble which is far more entertaining. That said it is very possible that the remix is just as bad which could prove your theory.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.