Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51517181920 LastLast

Thread: Arrested Development Season 4 (IT'S ON), Film (IT'S ON)

1. I enjoyed season 4 as something you can binge. I liked the other seasons, but I’m also fine with them trying something new? It doesn’t have to be the same narrative all the time.

I might opt to watch the remix the next time I feel like watching this show, though, just to get a little strange.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

2. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Yes, but I would argue part of the reason it was ho-hum is that whole episodes were focused on single characters rather than the ensemble which is far more entertaining. That said it is very possible that the remix is just as bad which could prove your theory.
    I would argue it's because they forgot to put jokes.

The only jokes I can remember are the running Simon and Garfunkel Gob thing and being asked to find "addicts want drugs" inherently funny, which is going to age about as well as blackface.

Less than 1 year storyline wise between season 3 and 4 but everyone is 7 years older and it really doesn't work. Some characters more than others.

4. Portia de Rossi is going to look like the crypt keeper by the time they shoot season 5.

5. Did you catch "Blue Myself" Tobias in Infinity War?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Now we're getting director's cuts of TV shows? lol

7. Oh hey I ended up turning this on as background noise one night and caught a few episodes.
    It's... not good? I don't remember the other seasons that well now that I'm trying to compare it in my mind.
    I think the chronological narrative messes up the comedic timing. Where you would have revisited old scenes with new info before, you're now just getting a bunch of "that happened" all at once and there's not a great buildup.
    Also, has the narrator always been this bad? The characters on screen are barely saying anything, it's like someone is making a movie review and just talking over pictures to explain the story. It's like, sentences of narration, a character repeating the last line of the narrator, then back to narration.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

8. It's bad. AROBIMI was right, season 4 was just shitty all around, there was no saving it.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. Yeah, theres a few parts that were funnier but overall it's just....not great
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

10. I remember enjoying the original season 4 much more. I'll admit it was far from the best, but I did enjoy. Now to decide whether or not I want to re-watch the original season 4 before watching season 5.

EDIT: Started watching the original season 4. It flows way better than the remix. Hopefully season 5 is written and shot in chronological order.
    Last edited by ElCapichan; 10 May 2018 at 11:49 PM.