Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ads Removed from "Your Boss Hates You" Style

1. Ads Removed from "Your Boss Hates You" Style

Since it's taking a long time to get all the new skins ready and I don't want to introduce subscriptions before that's done, I removed third-party advertising from the "Your Boss Hates You" skin. If you are indeed using that skin because you want to downplay your Internet usage at work, I want to give you a hand.

2. Well played, good sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

3. I try. I think the new skins are kinda pretty, but even though I'm building on top of foundations others have made, it's taking a while to get things looking and working just right and I don't want to rush it.

That's rad.

How are the ad kickbacks working so far?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

5. Well, I haven't gotten any payments yet, but I'm hoping that I can cover a whole month's hosting later in the year.

6. Do we have to click the ads for you to get a kickback or do they just have to be there?
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. In most cases, it's enough to just have them display. However, if the click-through rate is very low, I'm more likely to get the shittier campaigns. (I hope you noticed that I have continued to prune ads - even this morning - but that can only go so far before there are none left.)

I don't have ads set up properly on the editorial pages yet, so the entire site's click-through rate will be lower until that's done anyway (because of how many pages a single user loads on the forum as opposed to how many he loads when he is coming to read a review). Right now, I'm running a ton of Amazon ads, which will largely go away soon and for which it makes absolutely no difference whether you click or not, unless you buy something. The Amazon ads are there because there aren't enough of the other kind.

8. I just clicked five ads for you, but I'm gonna need a little incentive to keep clicking.

9. Like I said in the other thread, behave exactly as you normally would with the ads displayed. TNL is not your job, so don't feel you need to do anything more than surf and post as usual. Have fun and incidentally learn more about MMORPGs and what Mr. T is doing nowadays. World of Warcraft.

10. Last edited by cka; 26 Aug 2008 at 12:16 AM.