Page 1 of 111 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 NFL Season Thread

1. 2008 NFL Season Thread

Are you ready for some football?

Well, it's that time of year again and with the season kicking off tonight, I'd say it makes sense to start this thread. So let the football discussions fly, good luck to your team, and try to keep all blows above the belt.

Tonight's prediction: Skins - 14 Giants - 17 in a messy, defensive game.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

2. i'm really interesting in seeing how the giants dline will handle the absence of human urine and strahan. I'll be watching to see how Tuck and McDougle perform on the defensive side of things.

i'm also interested in seeing what Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly do in their first game, probably not much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

3. The Giants D will definitely be interesting to see after losing 5 defensive starters (including their 2 best DEs)

MK and DT won't do shit. DT is at least a month away before he can do anything serious. I've read that he's having a hard time picking up the NFL game. MK on the other hand might be placed on IR due to his bum knee, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm actually curious to see how the iggies do this year. The were on a roll towards the end of last season, but without a whole lot of depth at WR, I'm wondering how long it will be before Brian Westbrook gets run into the ground.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

4. I'm predicting a boring game but I will still watch since it's football.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

5. Vanderbilt vs. South Carolina is what I'm watching tonight.

Might switch over to the NFL during commercials, but that's about it.

Gotta' keep tabs on Chris Cooley since he's on my fantasy team.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nerds.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	39983  

6. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    I'm actually curious to see how the iggies do this year. The were on a roll towards the end of last season, but without a whole lot of depth at WR, I'm wondering how long it will be before Brian Westbrook gets run into the ground.
    My fantasy team and I are praying Desean Jackson is the answer for the iggles.

7. Just wanted to throw a GO SKINS! in here for tonight.

8. Rough start for the 'Skins so far.

And damn, their safety got RUN THE FUCK OVER by Brandon Jacobs.

9. they look like shit out there.

10. Seriously, they are like, Miami level right now this is awful.

I've missed football season.