Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: X-COM - $5 on Steam (TNL VS. Mars, post #70 and up. THANX MVS)

nm, found it. LOL the total package is 13 dollars. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! That's 11.50 off! THAT'S 5 X COM GAMES FOR UNDER FIFTEEN DOLLARS!

GO GO! HYAAH! BUY!
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    Doesn't seem to be any manual, period. And you're going to need one if you've never played before. The game throws you in headfirst.
    ORLY

(The link is in the Steam profile for the game.)

3. Sold. $5 is hard to argue with.

4. why the eff did i just buy this again?

like, i couldn't just wait and get the discs at home or live with the slightly busted version?

Whatever. This game is so awesome.

This thread convinced me to dig out my old disks and install Ufo Defense again. It's still just so... perfect. Even the lighting effects hold up surprisingly well.

Why can't strategy games be this good now?

It really is amazingly perfect. My god. I haven't played a turn-based strategy game this perfectly deep since...ever. And the base management is fun too! It's just so damn perfect.

I never really gave the other x-com games a chance but getting all five of them for 13 bucks...I guess I will now.

BTW YES I JUST PLAYED UNTIL 5:30 AM Christ.

BTW I'm in month 3, successfully defeated 2 terrorist attacks, have 3 fully operational bases and 80 working scientists, body armor on 20 soldiers and two tanks, 4 interceptors and 2 skyrangers. I've also already got Alien Origins available for research.

I can't believe I did all that shit in basically 2.5 months.
    Holy shit this game is 15 years old and nothing comes close.

Mind control is such a bitch. I remember crapping myself the first time it happened to me 12 years ago.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 05 Sep 2008 at 05:44 AM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

What they really need to do is remake the game with the ability to have a person playing as the aliens.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

My favorite thing to do is get flying suits and blow holes in the roofs of ufo's and then drop in GUNS BLAZING behind a WAVE of grenades.

I have never successfully gotten psi-power.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

9. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    ORLY

(The link is in the Steam profile for the game.)
    Hot. (Some Steam games allow you to open the manual by right-clicking the game name. I just assumed there wasn't one when the option wasn't available)

EVERYONE BUY THIS RIGHT NOW. Christ I love this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    My favorite thing to do is get flying suits and blow holes in the roofs of ufo's and then drop in GUNS BLAZING behind a WAVE of grenades.
    Grenades are good but BLASTER LAUNCHER MOTHERFUCKER.
    Last edited by epmode; 05 Sep 2008 at 08:10 AM.

Well fuck, I'm going to buy the hell out of this thing later today. The only question is, do I want just the regular game, or all 5? I'll probably just go for the one game... the chances of me playing all 5 are slim to none.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    prolapsed rectum 4 lyfe.