Thread: Dali & I

1. Dali & I

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Lauryssens
    Al Pacino spoke to MTV News about portraying the 20th century painter Salvador Dali in the upcoming film entitled "Dali & I: The Surreal Story" based on my book.

"I really like that Salvador Dali idea," said Pacino of the biopic. "I really feel that's a place I would like to get myself around to playing."
    The movie will reunite Pacino with his "S1m0ne" director Andrew Niccol. "I read Andrew Niccol's script. It's a terrific script. That's a role I've been wanting to play for a while, and I think it's coming," explained Pacino.
    Salvador Dali of course is best known for his wiry antenna-like moustache and for his painting "The Persistence of Memory," which features several melting clocks on the beach.

Foreign rights to my "Dali & I" book have now been sold to 22 countries, among them China, Russia, Japan, Brazil... Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin's Press in New York acquired World English Rights.
    I've seen Dali in several interviews and films about his work. It will be exciting to see such a brilliant actor take on a character this challenging this late in his career.

Link to main page.
    Last edited by Hubbitron; 04 Sep 2008 at 07:53 PM.

2. I'm interested. I don't think Al has done anything incredibly interesting in a while (atleast off the top of my head), so he's due for something awesome if he still has it in him.

3. Haha, Dali was fucking NUTS; this will be sweet. Who's playing his muse/wife? I forget her name...

EDIT: More importantly, who's playing his Ocelot.
    Last edited by AstroBlue; 06 Sep 2008 at 03:06 AM.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.