Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Movie News

1. Film Random Movie News

Figured that instead of making individual movie threads, for films that have yet to even get a script. I make a thread to post random movie info.

So here we go ...

Dune Movie coming soon.

Green Lantern Concept Art. No the script isn't even made. It's just art work to attract writers.
    Click the pic in the link to see the other 4 pics.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    No the script isn't even made.
    Uh...

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. Quote Originally Posted by The Gas View Post
    Yeah from where I got it from originally Latinoreview discredited it.

4. I think you misinterpreted the latinoreview story. The concept art is just now being released to the public, but it was created last year before the script, which is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. Look, is this just going to be you two passing around aicn links to eachother?

6. I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

7. Wow Fox sucks.

Link.

Quote Originally Posted by AICN
    Seems a strategy meeting has been scheduled at Fox, with an eye towards gauging the viability of its various super hero dudes and dudettes. Can't see much good coming out of this.
    Though Fox has no plans for a major overhaul, the studio has scheduled a strategy meeting to assess the status of its superheroes, a group sorely missed this summer. On the agenda, Fox will mull the possibility of more "X-Men" spinoffs, including a young-X-Men project as well as "Deadpool," based on a character played by Ryan Reynolds in "Wolverine." The studio is even considering reviving the "Daredevil" property.
    ..says THIS ARTICLE in Variety, which also discusses oft-rumored issues plaguing the upcoming WOLVERINE movie (as well as the BABYLON A.D debacle, currently decomposing in theaters).
    Two recent productions, "Babylon A.D." and "Wolverine," were rumored to have gone through Fox's on-set maelstrom.
    On the eve of the film's release, "Babylon" helmer Mathieu Kassovitz publicly claimed the studio ruined his longtime passion project. "Wolverine" helmer Gavin Hood was nearly fired, according to sources, because of squabbles with the studio, and two backup directors were in place before Richard Donner -- who is married to the film's producer Lauren Shuler Donner -- flew to the Australian set to smooth things over. At the time, Fox insisted that Richard Donner was on-set because he is a producer on the film. However, current credits for the film list various producers, but Donner is not one of them.
    Last edited by Advocate; 16 Sep 2008 at 12:51 PM.

8. Vin Diesel back for xXx and Cohen?

Quote Originally Posted by AICN and Latino Review
    Rob Cohen and Vin Diesel have apparently patched together their worn torn lovey dovey breakup and are looking to do one more round in the xXx franchise. If I remember correctly, the sequel said that Xander Cage was dead. But this is Hollywood, and like the comics, any character can come back to life for no good reason:

Columbia Pictures hasn’t tired of "XXX," particularly if it’s a Diesel-powered vehicle.

The studio is in discussions with producer Joe Roth for a new version of "XXX," one that would bring back Vin Diesel as star and Rob Cohen as director.

The duo teamed on the 2002 original, which starred Diesel as Xander Cage, an extreme sports enthusiast who gets drafted by the government for a dangerous mission.

Roth controls the property because the original film was made by his Revolution Studios, which was also behind "XXX: State of the Union," a sequel that starred Ice Cube and was directed by Lee Tamahori.

The third incarnation has a title, "XXX: The Return of Xander Cage," but no script.

Diesel has agreed to return and so has Cohen, but talent deals won’t be worked out until the studio pact is made.

This would be the first pic for Roth at Col since Revolution folded.

Diesel had bowed out of an encore, but it is also believed that his salary quote had gotten too expensive for a modestly successful picture.

Diesel also bowed out of a starring role in the first sequel to "The Fast and the Furious" — "2 Fast 2 Furious" — opting for a cameo in that pic. He skipped the third pic, "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift," but will reteam with original co-star Paul Walker in the franchise’s fourth go-round, "Fast & Furious," which Universal will release June 12.

The move to reinstate Diesel in his Gen X James Bond vehicle underscores the appetite of studios for potential tentpole franchises. Though Diesel didn’t score in the recently released "Babylon A.D.," sources said other studios are waiting in the wings to make the sequel if Col doesn’t.

I don't think the writer of this article saw any of the Fast & Furious sequels because Vin made a cameo appearance in the third movie, not the second.

Since Babylon A.D. tanked, I think Vin is trying to get back into the action business with the films that started his rise in popularity to begin with. With another Fast & Furious flick hitting next year, and now talks of another xXx movie, Vin seems to be going in the right direction to make him a hot commodity again.

I don't mind this at all. Hollywood is starving for action stars right now, especially since The Rock decided to fucking abandon ass kicking action roles and do family comedies. Are there any action heroes left in Hollywood that can kick some ass on screen? No, I'm not talking about super heroes, so calm down with the Batman bullshit. I'm talking about good 'ol American fight scenes and explosions. I thought Steve Austin had a chance, but I guess I was the only one that thought The Condemned wasn't half bad. Michael Jai White, if you've ever seen Undisputed II, more than proves that he can fuck people up in a movie. Undisputed II was actually a pretty good martial arts flick, so go find it in a video store. Yes, I'm chicken walking in this conversation, so help me out here. Who is left in Hollywood that can fill the action void besides Jason Statham and Tony Jaa?

They need to stop cloning dogs and get to cloning Burt Lancaster, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson and Yul Brynner.

9. Paramount and Marvel reach deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SHH!
    Paramount Pictures and Marvel Studios today announced an agreement under which Paramount will distribute Marvel's next five self-produced feature films on a worldwide basis. The deal, an extension of the original agreement made by Brad Grey when he arrived as CEO and Chairman of Paramount Pictures, includes theatrical distribution in foreign territories previously serviced by Marvel through local distribution entities (Japan, Germany, France, Spain and Australia/New Zealand). The distribution pact capitalizes on Marvel and Paramount's successful efforts with Iron Man, which has grossed $574 million worldwide for Marvel.

The highly anticipated live action releases include Iron Man 2 (May 7, 2010), Thor (July 16, 2010), The First Avenger: Captain America (May 6, 2011), and The Avengers (July 15, 2011). The distribution agreement also includes Iron Man 3.

"Coming off of 'Iron Man's' incredible success this summer, we could not be more excited about extending our relationship with Marvel," said Rob Moore, Vice Chairman of Paramount Pictures. "Marvel's iconic brand, its popular characters and its proven ability to create compelling and visually spellbinding films complement Paramount's great history of filmmaking. We look forward to a long and successful run together."

"Paramount is an excellent partner and an outstanding global distributor," said David Maisel, Chairman of Marvel Studios. "Through our experience on 'Iron Man,' Paramount has demonstrated a passion and ability to release Marvel properties theatrically, allowing us to focus on making great movies for the largest audience possible."

Marvel's Iron Man, starring Robert Downey Jr. and directed by Jon Favreau, was distributed by Paramount earlier this year and was one of the top films of 2008. The DVD, including a version in Blu-ray, will be released on September 30, 2008.

10. Oh great, so we'll be getting those really fucking late as well.

Kind of like how Iron Man hit theaters LAST WEEK.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.