Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Old Games

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    Just got an email from GOG to preorder The Witcher 2. I guess they're not just old games anymore. If they keep the ball rolling I see no reason to support Steam considering you get drm free copies from GOG and don't have to worry about servers turning to dust.
    GOG says this is a one-time deal because they have relationship or whatever with the developer. I do hope they bring out new games DRM free too but it seems unlikely.

2. Most publishers have a hard enough time just allowing their decade-old games to go up without DRM. No one would ever agree to it for new games.

And GOG is doing this for The Witcher 2 because they're owned by the same company that's developing the game.

3. Hey, so the original Broken Sword (Director's Cut) was just released on GOG and now the whole damn trilogy is on sale. 60% off all or 30% off each.

I just picked up the whole thing for a little over $7. I love point n' clicks, so I'm kinda stoked here. I mean, first the Gobliins games and now this!

By the by, between sales on this and Steam, is it even possible to put a dollar value on older PC games anymore?

no
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    By the by, between sales on this and Steam, is it even possible to put a dollar value on older PC games anymore?
    Very low.

Looks like Infocom games are coming to GOG, at least judging from these not-exactly-cryptic clues:

7. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Hey, so the original Broken Sword (Director's Cut) was just released on GOG
    FYI: GOG just put up the original release of Broken Sword. Less content, but it doesn't have the half-assed Iphone concessions. A decent amount of dialogue is different in the old version too.

It's free for anyone who buys the Director's Cut version. <3 GOG <3

ALSO, with all of these Broken Sword remakes (part 2 is coming out this year but I'm not sure when), the developers mentioned that they're working on a brand new game in the series. 2D!
    Last edited by epmode; 15 Jan 2011 at 07:26 PM.

8. The Last Express is up. $6

Nice! Yes!
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. I was just reading about this in Ars feature on adventure games today. Sweet.