Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Old Games

1. Dude, you could have just played the game ;p

RotT rules. Does this service 'patch' games so they are compatible with newer OSes and hardware out of the box, or do you still have to fiddle with Dosbox and stuff?

2. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    RISE OF THE TRiAD IS OUT NOW

$6

I can't wait. I've been waiting for this for 15 years!
    omgomgomgomgomg I'm burying you all in lunchboxes.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Dude, you could have just played the game ;p

RotT rules. Does this service 'patch' games so they are compatible with newer OSes and hardware out of the box, or do you still have to fiddle with Dosbox and stuff?
    You click on the executable and dopefish dudes into next tuesday.

4. I need to get my home PC running again, this is exciting news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Dude, you could have just played the game ;p

Many of GOG's older games come with an optional customized DOSBox installation. It works with no tweaking, though you might want to play around with the ini files to fix stuff like shitty video filters or whatever.

GOG is awesome, BTW.

6. For some reason I can't create an account. I think it has something to do with being at work. These computers suck. When I get home I want to pick up the Fall out games. I heard amazing things about them. I also hope they have or if they don't get soon Xcom. I remember watching a friend play that back in the day and I have always wanted to play it.
    Send me your email if you have Real ID or your BattleTag I'm always online playing Blizzard games.

7. X-COM and Terror From the Deep (the only worthwhile games in the series (ASIDE FROM APOCALYPSE IF YOU'RE A MASOCHIST LIKE I WAS)) are on Steam right now. Cheap. X-COM runs better than TFTD but both can be fixed by tweaking DOSBox.
    Last edited by epmode; 05 Mar 2009 at 11:51 AM.

8. Thanks, I didn't know that X-com was on steam. I'll pick it up. Hopefully "tweaking" DOSBOX" means click one button because I'm PC retarded.
    Send me your email if you have Real ID or your BattleTag I'm always online playing Blizzard games.

9. LUDICROUS GIBS!!

Holy shit I forgot how good this game was.

lol @ Buy a 486.

10. Isn't RotT open source now?