Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL 09

1. It really is gay. Say you're moving from the left of the net to the right but want to shoot in the lower left corner. The left stick controls where the shot goes, while the right swings the stick. See the situation when you're moving against the grain? How can you move from left to right when you need to press left to aim there? I can't believe a dev team actually sits there all season thinking it's intuitive.

2. I got mine on reserve, so I'm definitely in. Fear my Pens .

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    It really is gay. Say you're moving from the left of the net to the right but want to shoot in the lower left corner. The left stick controls where the shot goes, while the right swings the stick. See the situation when you're moving against the grain? How can you move from left to right when you need to press left to aim there? I can't believe a dev team actually sits there all season thinking it's intuitive.
    I can see where you are coming from, but I have done it in the past so you just have to be fast with the stick. I am not saying it is easy (or intuitive). I really like the dual stick control, I can't go back to the classic control. You can pull off some ridiculous deke if you are really good with the right stick (which I am not).

4. I finally tried the be-a-pro mode.

Holy shit the camera is horrible.

You can't even see what's going on half the time, and because it's constantly zooming and spinning, it's real easy to get disoriented.

There better be some other camera options in the retail release, 'cause I don't think I can stand playing with that crap.

5. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post
    There better be some other camera options in the retail release, 'cause I don't think I can stand playing with that crap.

1. yes.
    2. The real Be A Pro mode, is the third person camera will always be behind you. So, there is no shifting. I think.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

6. Alright, looks like you can use the normal camera in the EASHL mode!

Check out this demo game with developer commentary (lol Bill Cosby):

http://www.freewebs.com/edinburgh-wa...eashlvideo.htm

Another cool feature:

50 players can be on one team, 6 vs 6 on the ice + we can split the team into units and have more than one game played at one time.
    That pretty much seals the deal for me.

See you online tomorrow.
    Last edited by jyoung; 08 Sep 2008 at 09:23 AM.

7. I ordered it last night, so hopefully I will get it sometime this week.

8. Nobody had the game for sale yesterday, so unless I can find some time to make the trip on Thursday, I'll probably have to wait until Saturday to get going.

Looking forward to it, though.

Especially making a coked-out David Lee Roth my custom "goal horn" sound:

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/a...2&d=1201577412
    Last edited by jyoung; 10 Sep 2008 at 09:32 AM.

9. I won't be getting my copy till next week. Can't wait!

10. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post
    I finally tried the be-a-pro mode.

Holy shit the camera is horrible.

You can't even see what's going on half the time, and because it's constantly zooming and spinning, it's real easy to get disoriented.

Prayers answered

Quote Originally Posted by OPERATION SPORTS
    Be A Pro Update:

- You can use any camera (ie: classic, overhead etc!)
    - One player only (you can't have 2 people playing BAP, but I don't see how it would be feasible in the first place - just play a different mode with position lock)