Page 1 of 18 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP go and PS3 Slim -- Sony's E3 Megaton

1. PSP go and PS3 Slim -- Sony's E3 Megaton

So, Sony jumped the gun and released the next episode of their Qore magazine early, and they announced the PSP go:

3.8" screen
    43% lighter than previous version
    16 Gig memory
    Bluetooth support
    No UMD
    Downloads games and movies

And here is the box:

Now seeing that boxart, leads to the image of the slimline PS3 boxart actually being real:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nwbse9.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	318.6 KB 
ID:	45997   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wclmxs.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	509.4 KB 
ID:	45998   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6fs9yd.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	318.1 KB 
ID:	45999   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	156alhl.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	247.8 KB 
ID:	46000  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25ovwjo.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	435.9 KB 
ID:	46001   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	o50xw9.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	328.9 KB 
ID:	46002   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wlbrr8.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	46003  
    Last edited by StriderKyo; 30 May 2009 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Tinypic blocked at work, attached everything.

2. Wow, that PSP looks like a Chinese knockoff.

Also, screen size is 3.8" down from 4.3".

Any news of memory stick support? That port next to the headphone jack looks like a card slot but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Uriel; 30 May 2009 at 12:44 PM.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

3. If true...

That PSP GO is pure sex. Too bad about the download-only distribution. Hard copy or no sale.

Also, PS3 - hideous fucking Spiderman font = increased likelihood that I will buy one later this year. I can't explain why, but it really annoyed the ever-loving shit out of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

4. Quote Originally Posted by UrielSynthesis View Post
    Wow, that PSP looks like a Chinese knockoff.
    Seriously. It looks cheap and uncomfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

5. Those are also some piss-poor quality shots. I'll reserve judgment on the "cheap" aspect until I can get a better look at it. So far, I like the design.

As for "uncomfortable," well... yeah. That analog nub is far too close to the buttons. Also, it's still an analog nub. We've been through this already.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

6. It doesnt loook cheap because of materials, it looks cheap because of its design (whih is clear in those shots).

The only improvement I see is that the nub isnt on the outer edge of the device, so it might be more comfortable to use. And who knows, reaching almost to the middle of the device might end up being worse than having to hold the left side with your fingertips.

But by the looks of holding this thing, overall the buttom placement looks like it will feel the same as holding the current psp. The only benefit to a sliding screen I could see would be to allow space for more comfortably spaced controls, and for the most part they havent done that. They took the space saved by the screen to just make the device smaller. So what's the point? With the exception of the nub they've designed something that's just like holding a normal psp, but less wide and more tall.

7. The analog nub seems to be in a very uncomfortable spot on the PSP go. Surprised that Sony didn't put another one analog nub on the right, fail. I'll get one though if it is easily hacked.

8. It won't be easily hacked, but I'll get one because I'm a gadget whore.

I remember when the original PSP came out, it was the sexiest piece of electronics I had ever seen. I was really hoping to be impressed here.

9. im not sure that i like that the screen is smaller.

also please be fake ps3slim, or at least be an early design prototype cause you still look ugly and cheap.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

10. I think the box has to be real, its the same design as the new PSP's box which was just revealed.

I don't think it looks bad, kind of reminds me of a black unibody macbook. I'd be surprised if it was that small though.