Page 1 of 48 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL 09

1. NHL 09

I tried the demo last night and it is awesome. They tweaked the gameplay of 08 (which was probably the best hockey videogame yet) to make it even better. Harder checks, better poke check, protect the puck, etc. But my favorite offline addition is the "Be a Pro" mode. You control 1 player during the entire game so moving to good positions for your teammates become paramount. I love this mode and will play this more than the main game (similar to MLB 08's Road to the Show).

So who else besides Advocate, Weeman and I will get this? We can even start an online league who the hell wants to be goalie??

2. I would play goalie if control wasn't down to one all purpose save button.

3. They really need to rework the goalie position for next year.

Their AI still seems really spotty at times, and they just don't have enough animations to move and react like "real" goalies. Some additional user controls would help, too.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    "Be a Pro" mode. You control 1 player during the entire game so moving to good positions for your teammates become paramount.
    YES PLEASE

Ama download this demo. You never know if I'm going to shell out for a hockey game or not. I already own like 8 of them.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

5. I'll probably pick this up.

6. Won't be getting this, but I'm quite sure my friends will. Thus, I'll be playing quite a bit of it.

7. It kind of sucks that your "Be a Pro" guy doesn't carry over from single-player to multiplayer, 'cause I know I probably won't want to play 6 on 6 with random scrubs.

Should be fun playing with friends, though.
    Last edited by jyoung; 06 Sep 2008 at 03:09 PM.

8. That's why you join the TNL Guild ... I mean team.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

9. I don't like using two sticks. Pulling off a slapper or one timer just doesn't feel natural. Give me a modifier so I can just press forward for a slapper.

10. Yep, that's why I still use the classic controls.

Slappers, tappers, and one-timers just feel weird with the stick.