Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 616181920

Thread: Yakuza 3

1. Sounds about right.

2. Just picked up Yakuza 4 at Best Buy for 39.99. Same price online if anyone here is done with Y3 and is interested in Yakuza 4.

3. Didn't know it was coming out so soon... I still haven't finished Yakuza 3. Guess I'll wait till 4 is really cheap before getting it.d

4. I didn't see a Yakuza 4 thread, but FYI it's $39.99 on Amazon today.

5. The fact that there's no Yakuza 4 thread is a hundred times more offensive to me than the Big Drama bullshit going down lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

You have the power to remedy both problems. Make the Yakuza 4 thread and then ask a mod to perma ban you.

7. Ha. Kinda weird how accepted these crime lords are, and how it's apparently common knowledge the politicians are in bed with them.

And I totally remember all those Nigerians in Tokyo's red-light district when I visited! I didn't give them much thought, then. I wonder if it's just like they said...

I always wanted to try this series, but never got around to it, and then all the sudden there were too many too quickly (which always turns me off), and of course reports of content removal were off-putting (as Shirokawa says, "アメリカ版を買った奴がかわいそうだ。セガUSAが最低だね.").

I kinda want to start at the beginning, but don't the PS2 games have real bad loading times?

8. They do, but the HDLoader does a fine job combatting them from what I've told. For what it's worth, I didn't find them prohibitively long to begin with.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    You have the power to remedy both problems. Make the Yakuza 4 thread and then ask a mod to perma ban you.
    That last part doesn't even make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Ha. Kinda weird how accepted these crime lords are, and how it's apparently common knowledge the politicians are in bed with them.

And I totally remember all those Nigerians in Tokyo's red-light district when I visited! I didn't give them much thought, then. I wonder if it's just like they said...

I always wanted to try this series, but never got around to it, and then all the sudden there were too many too quickly (which always turns me off), and of course reports of content removal were off-putting (as Shirokawa says, "アメリカ版を買った奴がかわいそうだ。セガUSAが最低だね.").

I kinda want to start at the beginning, but don't the PS2 games have real bad loading times?
    Yes, the neutering sucks. Yes, the PS2 games were a bit hefty on the load times (but like ARBM pointed out, it wasn't terrible). That being said, it's still totally worth your time. At least play the first one; you can score it for a few bucks anywhere that sells used games. Based on what I've gleaned of your gaming preferences, I think you'll love it.

Just one thing to bear in mind: the first Yakuza is the only one with shitty English voice acting. The others are straight-up Japanese with subtitles. So you only have to put up with it once.

I want to find a bar where whenever I order a drink, the bartender gives a speech about the history of the alcohol I select, how it is best enjoyed, etc. And with that music in the background, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.