Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Yakuza 3

1. Holy shit:

Holy shit.
    -Kyo

2. Awww man, that's fucking badass.

But can I really justify selling my PS3, probably at a loss and buying a different just because it's so fucking awesome?

Part of me is saying I can.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Well if it took 2 years for Yakuza 2 to get localized I got some time to beat 2 before 3 comes out.

4. Demo's up on the Japanese PSN. Played a bit, it's definitely beautiful, but they didn't really improve the fighting controls which is a bit frustrating.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. FUCK... the girls at Ageha are just outright frightening and creepy looking. I almost ran out of the room screaming.

6. Has anyone played through the import? I'm not positive this will see a stateside release before 2011 and I've already imported Kenzan so I have some FAQ and Japanese language obstacles to overcome anyway. I'm very much considering importing this as well and would basically be happy with a better looking, faster loading Yakuza game with a more expansive combat/fighting engine.

7. If I have time I'll pick it up, but I've got a ton of shit to get through first, including Yakuza 2.

I did play the demo and it did look good, although the fighting system is still not the best. Also the karaoke minigame sucks balls.

8. Good deal. If I can play through Kenzan without going through too much frustration, I may just pick up Yakuza 3 anyway.

EDIT:

Last edited by Gooch; 05 Mar 2009 at 08:47 PM.

9. Played the Japanese demo, and I'm torn on whether or not to import it as well. I mean, for me, one of the biggest draws of Yakuza 2 was the FANTASTIC story. So not being able to understand a lick of what's going on in Yakuza 3 is going to frustrate me. However, it's very pretty, fun to explore and the fighting is still fun (though like bbobb said, not improved much). But like Gooch said, I think the earliest this game will see the light of day over on these shores (if at all) would be Fall 2010-2011. Man, I loved Yakuza 2 so much.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

10. North American release date announced: Never.

NB: This isn't an official announcement. This report was based on information supplied by a Sega of America rep that appeared on this site. If true—we'll see—this sucks mightily.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 30 Jul 2009 at 01:39 AM.